• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

Elysean Foods

Just for clarification... Elysean Foods is the name of my baking company. Pies and pao de queijo especially. I thought it might be important in case anyone I speak to actually asks what I do for a living. Which so far,no one has. :rolleyes:

Don't these people want a girl to make a buck???

"he who tooteth not his own horn, the same shall not be tooted" or she as the case may be. You have to learn to work this information into the interview subtly. Example, begin every response to the interviewer with the phrase: "As the owner of Elysean Foods, a baking company that specializes in pies and pao de queijo, ..."

It doesn't matter what the question is, this should be your mantra. :laugh:

If this works, come to me when it's time to do your tv deal.

BTW: I think burger club is a fantastic idea, too bad I moved to Westchester right before it began.

I will try my best. Westchester? Unless you're one of those considering Westchester 'upstate' come on down! Someday....

diane, I think I would definitely come off as thought I'd lost my marbles! I'll try for something.

clash, good idea, but no time to do it. :sad:

Thanks all for the suggesations. Keep them coming!

Westchester?  Unless you're one of those considering Westchester 'upstate' come on down!  Someday....

I consider Riverdale "upstate". :laugh:

My office is still in the city and I'm here almost every weekday. I can't remember if you folks ever get together during the week.

SO, I am going to fax them some information tomorrow, regarding Burger Club, so it may be a smooth interview. Any last minute input?

And if anyone has any brilliant ideas about promoting the pecan pies and pao de queijo, I am all ears. (Other than disregarding everything they say)! I just drag with self promotion. What do I say?

Maybe I said this to someone privately, but isn't it highly unethical to give a reporter anything? Especially something that has to do with your business? It can be seen as a bribe as far as I hear. Am I wrong?

I mean it's a great idea, but I'd hate to be seen as someone who resorts to bribery.

Alan Feuer from the Times wouldn't accept the mini shake they set in front of him, a cheese cracker or hush puppy, or a gingersnap from me, just saying he "couldn't." And not in a girly way.

I'll make some of each and see what happens. At the very worst, I'll have pie and pao de queijo for dinner!

Edited by elyse (log)

I wonder if it's the same kind of thing as saying the words "I'll make you a deal," which I once made the mistake of saying to a WSJ reporter. :unsure: If their media outlet has rules and regs on professional behavior, all that stuff is verboten.

Somehow I can't see FoxNews as being in that higher class, though. :hmmm:

Announcement

The Fox interview is supposed to go on as scheduled as of 10:15 today. Again, if actual news breaks, I may be bumped again.

"Your World with Neil Cavuto" Fox News Channel

Yours truly

Wednesday, January 14th, TOMORROW

4-5pm

Did I forget anything?

Is this red announcement thing annoying?

So, how did it go? Are there any suprises in store?

As of now, it looks like I'll be home tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait to watch.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

How did what go? It's live, bloviatrix....

I'm having "one of those days". to put it mildly, it's a good thing my head's attached to my body, because I'd lose it otherwise.

Anyway, I mis-read your announcement as if you were pre-taping the interview this morning for tomorrow.

I think I need a nap.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Anyway, I mis-read your announcement as if you were pre-taping the interview this morning for tomorrow.

I think I need a nap.

That's OK, bloviatrix -- I had to re-read the post a few times to figure out that it wasn't being taped today. And I even knew it was a live deal.

:wacko:

Sherri A. Jackson