• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

Hi Elyse!

Thought I'd get in my first official post in your Burger Club section! If you have your rating sheets in an e-form, email it to me and i'll try to get to Bubba's Burgers in Kauai in a couple of weeks. (The things I do for my step-SIL)

Thanks for sharing your community with me... I'm having fun already. Is there a Burger Club franchise in the SF bay area? ;-)

You'll have to schedule one of your tastings for next Thanksgiving when we're back in NY for our annual visit.

ciao bella,

diane

Hey diane! I'm so glad you came!

Gosh, I don't know where the forms are. I think I can link it up from the much more manageable UK or Vancouver threads. Hawii would be cool!

I asked some people in LA and SF if they wanted a Burger Club, but it seemed as though it might be difficult arranging meetings. Say the word and I will.

Here are the suggestions so far:

Savoy

L'Express

Smith & Wollensky's

Cafe Luxemburg

Chumley's

Blue Smoke

Mchale's

Luger's

White Manna (NJ)

Burger Joint

PJ Clarke's

Fairway's

Old Town Bar

Corner Bistro

Judson Grill

Mc Sorley's

Island Burger

Jackson Hole

Now:

Veselka

Blue9

Friar's Coffee Shop

That other place

Piper's Kilt

Thalia

Ear Inn

Cozy Soup n Burger

Is this up to date? Suzanne?

Other suggestions should be added to the bottom of the list, please. :wub:

Foodguy, add away!

So it doesn't get lost. Add to the bottom!

Announcement

Fox News Channel has called to ask me to appear on Your World with Neil Cavuto. We have not yet set up a time.

GO BURGER CLUB!

This will happen Thursday the 8th, sometime between 4 and 5 pm. This is Fox News Channel, not Fox 5. In my area with RCN, it's channel 52.

Any words of wisdom?

Fox News Channel has called to ask me to appear on Your World with Neil Cavuto. We have not yet set up a time.

GO BURGER CLUB!

This will happen Thursday the 8th, sometime between 4 and 5 pm. This is Fox News Channel, not Fox 5. In my area with RCN, it's channel 52.

Any words of wisdom?

Sherri A. Jackson

Announcement

Fox News Channel has called to ask me to appear on Your World with Neil Cavuto.  We have not yet set up a time.

GO BURGER CLUB!

Any words of wisdom?

yeah. be fair and balanced.

I'm kidding.

Be colorful and outspoken, and to hell with the facts. That's the Fox News way.

Consider bringing burgers with you to "show" as well as "tell" what a good burger is. That should make for good TV. Hell, it might even be informative. You could bring good and bad burgers, and explain the difference. Make the host sample the burgers too.

Announcement

Fox News Channel has called to ask me to appear on Your World with Neil Cavuto.  We have not yet set up a time.

GO BURGER CLUB!

Any words of wisdom?

yeah. be fair and balanced.

I'm kidding.

Be colorful and outspoken, and to hell with the facts. That's the Fox News way.

Consider bringing burgers with you to "show" as well as "tell" what a good burger is. That should make for good TV. Hell, it might even be informative. You could bring good and bad burgers, and explain the difference. Make the host sample the burgers too.

If you think for a second that I'll have the presence of mind to do anything like that, you are clearly out of your mind.

It'd be fun though!