• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

Here are the suggestions so far:

Savoy

L'Express

Smith & Wollensky's

Cafe Luxemburg

Chumley's

Blue Smoke

Mchale's

Luger's

White Manna (NJ)

Burger Joint

PJ Clarke's

Fairway's

Old Town Bar

Corner Bistro

Judson Grill

Mc Sorley's

Island Burger

Jackson Hole

Now:

Veselka

Blue9

Friar's Coffee Shop

That other place

Piper's Kilt

Thalia

Ear Inn

Cozy Soup n Burger

Is this up to date? Suzanne?

Other suggestions should be added to the bottom of the list, please. :wub:

Foodguy, add away!

Woah.

Woah????

Are you practicing to be a cow-girl? Roping calves, branding them, etc. Fits right in with the Burger Club theme, though. Perhaps members of the BC would be sent to cities to taste and evaluate burgers there.

Or, even to foreign shores like Korea (don't they eat dogs there?), Japan, Costa Rica and other places where US beef has been restricted.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Woah.

Woah????

Are you practicing to be a cow-girl? Roping calves, branding them, etc. Fits right in with the Burger Club theme, though. Perhaps members of the BC would be sent to cities to taste and evaluate burgers there.

Or, even to foreign shores like Korea (don't they eat dogs there?), Japan, Costa Rica and other places where US beef has been restricted.

I am practicing to be Nero W. :biggrin:

I was almost called Cowboy, as a baby. If only I had been 'in-between.'

Interesting idea, Paul.

elyse, congrats on all of this!! i will be listening tomorrow AM!

btw, i just read (in this week's TONY) some high praise for the burger at a place called 'olive tree' located at 117 mcdougal between bleeker and west 3rd. you been? anyone been?

elyse, congrats on all of this!!  i will be listening tomorrow AM!

btw, i just read (in this week's TONY) some high praise for the burger at a place called 'olive tree' located at 117 mcdougal between bleeker and west 3rd.  you been?  anyone been?

I've been there a zillion times over the years - it's the restaurant above the Comedy Cellar - but I can't remember ever trying the burger. I usually go for the falafel, hummus or beef borscht (wasn't as good on my last visit) and turkish coffee. I think they sometimes give free admission to the comedy shows on weeknights if you buy dinner, and it's not unusual to see Dave Attell, Colin Quinn or the other comics having a beer at the bar. It's hardly changed at all in the 15 or more years that I've been going, and still packs them in on weekends.

Sometimes When You Are Right, You Can Still Be Wrong. ~De La Vega

Blovie just reminded me that I have a bris to attend at 7 am (where's the sleepy emoticon?). This means I won't be home to hear the interview. Any possibility we'll be able to get a transcript?

Edited by bloviatrix (log)

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

I just registered www.elyseanfoods.com as a domain name. Host comes next?

hope that's just a typo there, and not when you registered it.

you did want "www.elyseandfoods.com", right?

although w/o the d, it's still sorta okay b/c people do say it that way.

just not as easy to remember.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Yay, Elyse! :biggrin: I didn't catch the beginning of the interview, but the part I heard was most excellent. Congratulations!

"Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cookbook! Little Red Cookbook!" --Eddie Izzard

So what brilliant bon mots did I miss? Can someone provide me with a summary?

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

So what brilliant bon mots did I miss? Can someone provide me with a summary?

I taped it. I remembered nothing after it was over, so good thing I did. I'll let you listen to it sometime.

Staten Island? As ever, we vote. Cool by all?

elyse, congrats on all of this!! i will be listening tomorrow AM!

btw, i just read (in this week's TONY) some high praise for the burger at a place called 'olive tree' located at 117 mcdougal between bleeker and west 3rd. you been? anyone been?

Definitely a below average burger at the "Olive Tree". The Parker Meridian Hotel alone has THREE restaurants serving better burgers than the "Olive Tree's", IMHO.