• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

Sorry I missed out on all the fun yesterday. I was enjoying some much-needed sleeping in. :smile: I've turned into a real insomniac lately -- happy just to get more than 3 hours of sleep in a row. :blink:

And I missed some of Elyse's cookies??? :angry: Sheesh! I've yet to try these puppies.

So, should we start another thread for the Sunday Afternoon Drinking Club?

Sherri A. Jackson

Now will somebody tell me what happened after I left???

Once El Presidente was no longer there to enforce the rules, we ordered burgers (topped with ham, bacon, cheese, russian dressing and caviar), did Jell-O shots, took off our clothes, and danced on the bar.... :biggrin:

Edited by Felonius (log)

Now will somebody tell me what happened after I left???

Once El Presidente was no longer there to enforce the rules, we ordered burgers (topped with ham, bacon, cheese, russian dressing and caviar), did Jell-O shots, took off our clothes, and danced on the bar.... :biggrin:

:hmmm:

With the terrorized locals who couldn't get their bar stools.

And if I had known that you'd be doing Jell-O shots and dancing on the bar, I DEFINITELY would have stayed!

Edited by elyse (log)

Sorry I missed out on all the fun yesterday. I was enjoying some much-needed sleeping in. :smile: I've turned into a real insomniac lately -- happy just to get more than 3 hours of sleep in a row. :blink:

And I missed some of Elyse's cookies??? :angry: Sheesh! I've yet to try these puppies.

So, should we start another thread for the Sunday Afternoon Drinking Club?

Sunday Afternoon Drinkin' Club is now in session. I'd link it up, but My computer's screwey and I can't do that anymore. Someone?

Glad you got some good sleep, sherri. You shall have cookies one of these days.

bloviatrix, send me your chocolate cookie recipe, and I'll think about what it might need.

Thanks, Jamie! Now, when are you away from and till? Dave the Cook is coming the 30th - 4th, I think and would be honored to be a part of a BC meeting, but you can tell me where you don't want to go, so we can arrange it happily. Unless he's giving me shit and has no interest. :biggrin:

Thanks, Jamie! Now, when are you away from and till? Dave the Cook is coming the 30th - 4th, I think and would be honored to be a part of a BC meeting, but you can tell me where you don't want to go, so we can arrange it happily. Unless he's giving me shit and has no interest. :biggrin:

1/3 actually works for me now--Kirk is going to DC to sing at a wedding, but I'm staying here. He can just be burger-jealous :laugh:

Blue Smoke?

:smile:

Jamie

See! Antony, that revels long o' nights,

Is notwithstanding up.

Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene ii

biowebsite

Oh, goody! Looks like we're reaching critical mass for 1/3/04 at Blue Smoke:

elyse, who may be asked to bring gingersnaps :wub:

Suzanne F and HWOE (he who is actually enthusiastic this time)

alacarte, who can easily stagger home

picaman :smile: sans Kirk :sad:

Blondie, we hope

MHesse, who seems to have a couple of pigeons as his avatar (or are they lovebirds?

and, we hope, Dave the Cook and some or all of his crew.

Let's see, what sights can the Dave bunch see nearby??

Put me in for 1 on 1/3 too!

Yep it'll be my first Egullie meetup.... only problem is I haven't a clue where the blue smoke is! :blink:

"Give me 8 hours, 3 people, wine, conversation and natural ingredients and I'll give you one of the best nights in your life. Outside of this forum - there would be no takers."- Wine_Dad, egullet.org

They are parakeets, not pigeons! I hope no one on eGullet eats parakeets. I probably should use a chameleon as my avatar, since it keeps changing.

--mark

Everybody has Problems, but Chemists have Solutions.

Kalustyan. :laugh:

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

How about Kalustyan? Or, for something historical, there's Teddy Roosevelt's birthplace on 20th St., between B'way & Park Ave. S.

Edit: Obviously, bloviatrix and I cross-posted, and both of us thought of Kalustyan as a "tourist attraction." :laugh:

Edited by rozrapp (log)

Yaahaahoo! I' am really glad this is coming together. Gingersnaps will most definitely be there. Any other requests? Birthday girl? And who's calling, you or me? What time are we meeting?

johnjohn and lauren, welcome to Burger Club!

rozrapp, can we tempt ya?