• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's your next project?

Another fan of Culinary Artistry here. I look forward to picking up your new book -- they have a copy of the proof in the window of Kitchen Arts and Letters which further whet my appetite.

Not to rush you guys, but what do you have planned as your next project?

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

We have been surprised to find so many CULINARY ARTISTRY fans here on eGullet.com -- but perhaps we shouldn't have been. We've found readers of our books to be of a certain ilk in general, but when it comes to their favorite of our books, it's been a case of "Tell me what you read, and I will tell you who you are" (to paraphrase Brillat-Savarin).

CULINARY ARTISTRY fans definitely tend to be among the most intelligent, literate and passionate of our readers. (It's not a book for beginners; it takes a certain amount of "having been around the block a few times" to "get" it.) And we've been very pleasantly surprised to find eGullet participants as sharing those characteristics in spades.

Happy to hear that Nach's got a copy of THE NEW AMERICAN CHEF in the window at Kitchen Arts & Letters! By the way, another great feature of the book is that at the end of every chapter, Nach shares his recommendations as to the best places to turn to read more about each cuisine. His picks, and his descriptions of why he recommends them, are worth the price of the book alone!

As for our next project....Gee, are you sure you don't mean to rush us?? We just got the two books that are coming out next month to the printer last month -- and we haven't even had time for a vacation yet before we head into book tour starting in a couple of weeks!

Speaking of upcoming travels, we'll provide a link here later to some of our upcoming book tour stops (on our Web site under "News & Events") -- we'd love to get to meet some of our fellow eGulleteers while we're on the road!

Best wishes,

Karen & Andrew

http://www.newamericanchef.com

Powell's just hosted Alton Brown *very* successfully. Lines around the block. They seem to actually be increasing their hosting (Diana Kennedy will be there next week), so I hope you guys get in touch and tell them that us Portlanders want you there.

Edited by ExtraMSG (log)

Powell's just hosted Alton Brown *very* successfully.  Lines around the block.  They seem to actually be increasing their hosting (Diana Kennedy will be there next week), so I hope you guys get in touch and tell them that us Portlanders want you there.

Thanks for the tip -- we'll hope to keep you posted!

Cheers,

Karen & Andrew

P.S. We keep the world posted on our upcoming book tour at http://www.becomingachef.com/news_and_events.php