• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snapple

bsan

I am here to say that I am a Snapple-holic. Yes, I drink way too much Snapple. But when you crave some Snapple, what flavor (or flavors) do you attempt to pick up? Me, I go for Lemon, Snapple Apple among others. I have picked up other flavors, but those are the main two flavors I have gotten.

So, what are your favorite Snapple flavors?

I think silver suits me so...

...but red is also for me!

Iron Chef Morimoto all the way!

From me, a fan of Iron Chef.

I like the Absinthe Snapple, although the Laudanam Snapple comes a close second..

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

My favorite is Diet Lime Green Tea. Yum! It's very hard to find around here though.

Yeah, I like both the diet and the regular of that flavor a lot.

I also like their Tru Root Beer and their clear creme soda flavor, but I havent them around in a while. In fact, I'm not sure they make their clear natural flavored sodas at all anymore.

Here's a list of their Retired Flavors

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I just tried Snapricot Orange last night. Really good!

Both retired -- Cactus & Cranberry Iced Tea. The Cactus was amazing -- really smoothed out the tannins. I like the Lime Green Tea (regular, not diet) too.

Now that I'm all grown up, I also find the fruity flavors to be oppressively sweet. But Mango Madness was a college favorite.

Queen of Grilled Cheese

NJ, USA

I usually drink Raspberry Iced Tea and Kiwi Strawberry, mainly because they're the easiest to find. Every so often, though, I get a craving for Grapeade--which tastes exactly like grape candy. I also miss Maui Madness, which tasted like Otter Pops.

Kiwi Strawberry. I had that once. I hope to try it again.

I'm a big fan of the peach iced tea. This past week I had the pink lemonade which was simply awful.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

The local grocery had Snapple for $8.88 a case last weekend, picked up two cases of Diet Peach Tea, to which I am practically addicted. The regular peach tea is better, of course, but I don't waste my sugar ration on something you drink.

Ruth Dondanville aka "ruthcooks"

“Are you making a statement, or are you making dinner?” Mario Batali

I once worked with a guy who loved snapple. When we were ordering in dinner, he would first ask for a Snapple Iced Tea. If they didn't have that, a Snapple Lemonade. Then a Snapple Peach Something. If that was out, a Snapple Fruit Shit. Or a Snapple Anything.

"Those are all completely different drinks," I'd point out. "Do you not care what you drink, as long as it's made by Snapple?" Pretty much. Seemed very odd to me.

I had a similar experience when waiting tables. Someone ordered a Coors Light, then a Coors Extra Gold, than a Coors Silver Bullet. "So you don't really care what it tastes like," I commented, "as long as it's made by Coors?"

Many of you might know that Snapple has signed a marketing agreement with the City of New York. Today, in The Times are some suggestions for new flavors in The Big Snapple.

Sothebreeze

Harlemon

Harlemon Boysenberry Choir

Smith & Wollenskiwi

Dyckmango Avenue

New York Harborange

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

• 3 weeks later...

I had Cranberry Raspberry yesterday. Really good. Anyone else have it?