• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Culebra

Ed Hamilton

If you are traveling to Culebra, you better bring your own spirits, it's a resort island and hardly well stocked on anything out of the ordinary but it is better than it used to be.

But if you're heading that way drop me a line, I'd love to meet you as I spend a few winter months Jan - April in the wonderful harbor in Culebra, one of the best in the Caribbean.

And as the international headquarters of the Ministry of Rum I know where the rum is.

Cheers!

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

Will you be around the week starting April 22?  4 of us are renting Butch and Jackie's Casa la Pela.  Yes, we'll bring Barrilito with us.

Feel free to reply by email if you don't want to string this thread out (heh heh).

Would you people stop talking about Culebra?  Enough people already know about it - what are you trying to do bring more people there to change its already perfect rusticity!?  

Say hello to Mr. Perez, the owner of the Tamarindo Estates across from Cayo Luis Pena.  He is the father of my good friend Jose Ramon and we spent several weekends there on that glorious island.  Flamenco may be one of my favorite beaches in the world - rusted out military vehicles and all.  I think I am as happy drinking a Medalla on Culebra around sunset as sipping the finest rum anywhere else, still to combine the two would be sublime indeed.   I love many of the islands, but none seem to capture the easygoing spirit of that place for me.