• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

frog's legs in London

Bloated

Try some of the Vietnamese places or malaysian places. Melati just off Berwick st used to have them, not sure now as I have not been in ages

With so much French influence in that part of the world, Frog's legs are a staple in many of the cuisines

Also, Fung Shing in chinatown has them on the menu in two ways, crispy fried and braised, both very good

Of course, you could always buy them in china town and cook your self. Dead easy. Just soak in milk, dredge in flour and fry in nut oil

S

There must be a middle range French place that does them. I've just checked the website for Mon Plaisir and surprisingly they are not listed on any of their menus. Can anybody else think of somewhere similar that might do them. What about Incognico?

What about Incognico?

None on the menu at the moment, but both Incognico and Deca have them on the menu occasionally. It is a shame that Maquis has vanished as I had some great frogs leg, very cheaply there a couple of times. What about Ma Cuisine down in Twickenham?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

The range of cuisine in London is amazing.

However, whenever I am in need of typical French dishes which I cannot cook or eat at a decent price in London, I catch a flight to Lyon or Paris ... And have a treat.

London is such a wonderful hub !

Unfortunately I have not found "cuisses de grenouille a l'ail" in London. yet.

So, a tip if you ever fly to Lyon:

try "frogs legs" at Chez Michel, Lyon ( this would be a main. The whole meal with starter, main, dessert, pot lyonnais and offerted digestive goes for 8 to 9 gbp ... )

and the frogs legs could be from the Dombes region.

I don't think they serve it all year round though.

regards.