• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Benoit Merged topics - Review from 2003, Ducasse

Schneier

We're just back from a weeks trip tp Paris this evening. We ate at Aux Lyonnaise on Wednesday night and found it very dissapointing, not nearly as good as a visit a year ago. The firsts were pretty good but my lamb main plate was inedible, all gristle and fat. My wife and her friend had dorade which was OK, and my friend calves liver which he liked.

We had lunch at Benoit on Tueday afternoon and throughly enjoyed it. The food was quite good although not memorable. We had the 39 euro (I think it was that amount) lunch menu. Staff were warm and service was good. My only negative is that the handed us the carte and didn't give us the set menu until I asked for it.

A full trip report will follow. Hint: the best meal of our trip was at L'Ami Jean.