• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Absent-Minded Waiter

Peter, thanks for participating in this Q&A. I can't wait to read your book!

I looked you up on imdb.com, and eventually found my way to the 1977 short film "The Absent-Minded Waiter" with you as "Cook #1". That must have been a fun project. Any memories to share of working with Steve Martin and Buck Henry on this Academy Award-nominated short?

Thanks,

Marsha

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

I think I was at that shoot for all of an hour or two and hardly remember it at all. I do remember that the studio, I think it was Paramount, was grooming Steve to make feature films so no expense was spared. I did act in a film of his called The Man with Two Brains. Steve also participated in a photo shoot I arranged for a parody of the National Enquirer, in which he played an obnoxious movie star.