• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

AL GLADIATORE

mastermatt78

Master, click on Lesley's name on the left of her comments. That will enable you to send her a PM or Private Message. Just like an e-mail.

Good luck with the new restaurant. I certainly know a couple of Laval friends who will be happy to know about this.

i am looking for a young pastery assistant for just simple 8 desserts and mega variety of home made sorrbit and ice cream...m/f 7 to 11....ecx pay..must have schooling proof...matteo

514...933---8577......514...833--3900....450...781--2111....

OH,this is for the laval area....thanks

I've always wondered how successful the restaurants in Laval can be. I've seen these behemoth buildings pop up in the past few years. The owners are obviously sinking a lot of money into them. Are rents high? Is the market there to pay off the costs? I've never been too keen to indulge in any gastronomic adventures over there. Is the food generally good?

per capita, Laval is one of the highest level of consumption in Canada. Good small Italian and Greek community too. Customers form Laval sur le Lac have fat wallets. Derriere les fagots is an amazing choice for price vs food quality.

I'm inetrested in the concept, the only Al gladiatore I know is across the street from the Colisseum in Rome. Is this roman food, are we going to get trippa and rosted pigeons ? I don't think I have ever seen trippa on a Montreal menu.

i never know how laval looked like till i came to see the place a few month back even though i lived most of my life in montreal,we are just 4 passionate guys that want to make the difference..there are 2 chefs...and 2 dining room guys and there is about 80 years of exp between the 4 of us..yes you will see a lot of paesant food,you can eat TRIPPA at bocca d"ora on guy st or at CASA CACCIATORE in the jean talon market and i will be making it here...

this was the opening day at THE GLADIATORE......MON SEPT 29 2003.....thanks to everybody that made it possible....we couldn"t have ask of a better day than that.so to all the 500 plus people that made it to our humble place in laval.............THANK YOU........steve,john,trifon and matteo....

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a Northern or Southern Italian restaurant? Any pizza? or is this an upscale restaurant..Matteo(love that name btw.. my son's name).

Good luck for your restaurant.

the food is actualy a mix from the south and the north region of italy,i tried to go on my TABLE D"HOTE with roman style food like tribe,stuffed birds and other unike dishes of that sort but it didn"t fly very much in laval so i am making a daily adjustment.and iam also all over the place in case any one desire any dishes that are not on the menu....we are a very reasonable when it comes to pricing,we make less than 10 $ on each bottle of wine,the home made desserts are 6$ and there is pasta from 10 to 22$ remember that we serve avg 600 customers a day,in fact last friday---oct 10 we had more than a 1000 guest since the second floor was open for the fierst time......matteo