• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jean-Francois Piege leaves Ducasse for Crillon!

fresh_a

Apparently, Piege, who runs Ducasse's kitchens in the Plaza Athenee in Paris, has been headhunted by the Crillon to boost their flagging star-rating...and he's been replaced by Christopher Moret, who previosuly ran the SPOON kitchen...

Link to gastronomie.com article

Edited by fresh_a (log)

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

Lou, any comments?

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

My initial panic has subsided a little - he's not leaving until February says the article. He's the reason I'm at ADPA at all. No word as of yesterday amongst us regular working stiffs - saw him chewing out staff early Tuesday morning as normal - but I'm sure it's the buzz today.

Thanks for the news!

Edited by loufood (log)

I was thinking of going to ADPA in early December, but maybe I should rethink my plans? Any ideas? If he is not leaving til February then maybe it will be ok, but have had experience of chefs taking their eyes of the ball and don't want to pay over the odds if people think this could cause a difference. All opinions much appreciated!

Yeah, some of these guys are seriously hardcore!

blog