• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting...(Part 1)

A slice of claire797's bacon/chipotle cornbread, split, toasted, buttered and thickly spread with Adam's crunchy peanut butter

That sounds way too good.

I'm tellin' ya, dude -- it is!! I think I've got to have another piece . . .

Leftover beef stroganoff (close your ears pixelchef :biggrin: )

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Damn.  Need cornbread.  This thread creates many problems in my life.

i made a lovely cranberry/white-cornmeal bread the other day for the B&B guests. Yummy, and not too sweet to keep them from ordering my wafles and/or bourbon french toast.

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

Damn.  Need cornbread.  This thread creates many problems in my life.

i made a lovely cranberry/white-cornmeal bread the other day for the B&B guests. Yummy, and not too sweet to keep them from ordering my wafles and/or bourbon french toast.

Okay, so now I want you to post two recipes, zilla369: banana gingerbread and this one.

Pixelchef, add me to the list of eGulletarians for whom this thread is TROUBLE.

Still air.

Am I missing the point of this thread? Am I supposed to return when I am eating? Really, I tend to web surf more often than eat, so it just doesn't work out.

NeroW... Budweiser? Yikes! What would Mr. Wolfe say?

Edited by jhlurie (log)

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

A slice of claire797's bacon/chipotle cornbread, split, toasted, buttered and thickly spread with Adam's crunchy peanut butter

That sounds way too good.

I'm tellin' ya, dude -- it is!! I think I've got to have another piece . . .

Peanut butter, cornbread and chipotles. Now there's a winning combination right there.

Right now, I'm having raisin toast and orange zinger tea. Getting ready to have some oatmeal.

A few Iranian roasted almonds with crunchy salt and a nicely sour lemon glaze.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Poland Spring

a banana

thinking of heading down to the in building shop and getting a Cup O' Noodles (not quite as good as other ramen mixes but beggars can't be choosers...and besides, I need my sodium fix)

Soba