• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting...(Part 1)

Reisen's chocolate caramels....but wishing I had salami sticks, string cheese and macadamia nuts instead. :biggrin:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Corn Nuts.

No, not you, it's what I had as a snack just now. But I do boost them a bit with about a third of a packet of the black pepper the cafeteria has at the checkout counter.

I work in a hospital, FYI. Sometimes you have to get creative with the snacks. Unless you want to fight heavy traffic and a bunch of ambulances to get to a convenience store that has less variety than the vending machines.

My other regular snack, when I'm looking for something sweet is an Almond Joy.

Screw it. It's a Butterball.

I was just eating Iranian Golden Prunes, purchased in Dowel around the corner (1st Av. between 5th and 6th). These really taste like dried plums, not something very sweet with changed substance. They're sour and have a very worthwhile taste. $3.75 for 1 lb.

Michael aka "Pan"

Raspberries with vanilla whipped cream.

-- I bought 2 pints of raspberries at the greenmarket yesterday. My husband reminded me that I had some heavy cream in the fridge and requested that I whip it. He's a genius. :wub:

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Whip it good!

Have you seen the Far Side cartoon of a cow in a dungeon. He's chained up and there's a dungeon-master holding a whip. The punchline......the truth behind whipped cream.

:laugh::shock::laugh:

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

I need to deconstruct a Moon Pie and come up with some kick ass dessert.

Take a moon pie and add some heat and you got yerself a convoluted "s'more".

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Tomatoes. :smile: (I went a bit overboard at the greenmarket)