• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting...(Part 1)

I'm eating jalapeno Havarti on cracked pepper water crackers, and drinking some Guinness. I haven't been this close to gustatory bliss since I have "Terrine de lapin et morilles, emulsion de carottes" at Le Bec Fin in Philadelphia.

Edited by Smarmotron (log)

corona with lemon. just finished sirloin burgers (not my favorite, I like fat) on the grill. Did the portobello recipe from cooks 2000? an old one..wrapped in foil. Kids had a "yesterday roasted" chicken ( brined, what a difference) on torpedo rolls, a gallon of mayo and some shredded lettuce...the fire faltered, they were hungry. so I fed them while SO determined the problem and fixed it..something about the underdraft on the grill...anyway, good burgers if you add greasy fried onions to compensate forhte 93% sirloion BS

A big, tall glass of filtered water. I've taken a bottle of Ting in and out of the fridge about four times trying to decide whether or not I really want it. Sort of like the character in Thelma and Louise, pulling a peppermint pattie in and out of the freezer and taking a bite each time.

Hey, me too! However my Pringles® are of the Salt and Vinegar kind. Poor, poor Pringles®. By eating them I place them closer and closer to extinction.  :sad:

Hey, that's my can! I meant to get salt and vingar at the store, but when I got home they had mysteriously transformed into sour cream and onion. Pringles can be so cruel.

a sparking wine from spain, clocking in at about 7 bucks a bottle.  quite a find, actually.  still picking ribs (with =mark's mustard sauce, and col klink's dry rub) out of my teeth.

Is it sweet? My close personal friend Andrea Immer introduced me to a very good Italian sparkling wine called Brachetto di Acqui Coppo. It is sweet, but not cloying. Tastes like fresh strawberries and cherries with a little kick. What was the name of the Spanish wine?

As for what I am eating right now, the answer is nothing. I'm starving. Time for dinner.

a sparking wine from spain, clocking in at about 7 bucks a bottle.  quite a find, actually.  still picking ribs (with =mark's mustard sauce, and col klink's dry rub) out of my teeth.

Cava?

Buttertart squares - what else would a Canadian eat after seeing a thread about our "national dessert", eh?

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Pistachios

ah, read this, reached up to the far reaches, whe no man had gone before...to the hidden high calorie shelf in the pantry...macademias, crystallized ginger, ghiradelli milk choc chips...cashews.

Yes, I am now eating cashews. Man, it even feels good SAYING it.

Cava?

the producer is PAUL CHENEAU. i believe it's Cava, as i recall the bottle talking about champagne.

no claire, it wasn't very sweet. dryer than most prossecos i've had.

Edited by tommy (log)

Back in front of the computer again, lunchtime, this time around.

I am eating pork flavored Thai style ramen with a soft boiled egg and drinking water, about to go into the kitchen and get myself some chocolate! :biggrin:

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

Home made mini rhubarb muffins from Stephanie Alexanders 'cook's companion'.

And munching on left over spicy quail from last night..

How sad; a house full of condiments and no food.