• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting...(Part 1)

Red beans and texmati rice w/andouille from Poche's Market in Breaux Bridge, LA. Sliced and buttered Zip Bread (sliced po boy loaf) and sweet tea with lemon. Lemon pound cake w/plum glaze.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

Just finished a scoop of Ben & Jerry's Coconut Almond Fudge Chunk on a sugar cone. Damn B&J for putting a store on my block, damn them, damn them! I hereby make them solely responsible for my waistline!

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

A chocolate-chocolate chip muffin.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Late night dinner:

corn chowder, LOTS of Poland Spring.

Glass noodles, stir-fried brussel sprouts, snow peas and cauliflower with minced garlic, minced scallions, thinly sliced jalapeno peppers, oyster sauce, sesame oil and five-spice powder. A little pickled ginger mixed in.

Oh, and I think I'm getting the hang of eating with chopsticks now....NOT. *sigh*

Soba

What is Total yogurt and where can I get some????? :unsure:

It's Greek, much thicker that Dannon, and delicious. Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? Whole Foods carries it too, but it's cheaper at Trader Joe's.

I buy the 2% plain and add my own honey, nuts, jam, whatever. It's my favorite dessert these days.

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

Chocolate covered raisins (fake raisinettes).

Actually not bad, they're coated with bittersweet chocolate.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs