• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting...(Part 1)

Turkey sausage (not my preference, but it's the only kind they had in patty form), scrambled egg & cheese on an everything bagel. And coffee, half "french roast," half "vanilla hazelnut" (they were out of "southern pecan" with milk & sugar.

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

Turkey sausage (not my preference, but it's the only kind they had in patty form), scrambled egg & cheese on an everything bagel. 

Coincidences abound. I'm eating turkey sausage (Aidell's, with Artichoke & Garlic) with scrambled eggs and diced potatoes, light and crisp, cooked in olive oil.

Hunk of blood rare prime rib with horseradish.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

In my religious studies I've discovered that Adam & Eve, between the cheese courses, ate horseradish in the Garden of Eden, with bloody beef and a good Bordeaux.

Bless you.

Edited by mcdowell (log)

Wow, what a diverse menu! represented here! It makes good reading for menu planning. Just think, if more restaurant's offered the food we really want to eat, instead of what they think is dirreguer (sp?).

:wink:

Anyway, I digress here - just finished a medium 1/2 decaf, 1/2 vanilla cappuccino with a blonde choc.chip brownie from the corner store.

(I tried to say no! - but sooo good!)

I'll have a tomato, fresh from the garden with my homemade chicken salad for lunch.

Man, isn't it a little early?

Don't you know who you're talking to?

I am eating Mellace's Cinnamon Roasted Almonds from the Fancy Food Show. Not bad.

Well, lunch time has come and gone, and I'm back at my computer. Exploring this site is just too much fun.

For some reason, just in the space of a couple of hours, I changed my lunch plans. It's my day off so I'm eating at home. I made scrambled eggs with cheddar and fresh asparagus.

The chicken salad will wait for tomorrow.

The extra cooked shells - I made stuffed shells for dinner and since I'm waiting for the spouse to return home so we can eat, I'm munching on what didn't get used..

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

A small scattering of extra gram flour (chickpea) frites with taramasalata left over from some lunch plates sent out.

cbel964, water is great. Toasted almonds?

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

I made a tuna melt on one of the rolls I got from Bertucci's yesterday (they're yummy). Remember the "I don't get..." thread? There was a discussion about things mixed into tuna salad and I proclaimed I didn't like anything in it but mayo. Well, I've changed my mind. Capers in tuna are really good.

Anyway, I put the tuna mixed with capers and mayo on the bread and topped it with Muenster cheese. Stuck it in the oven on broil. I had a snack of sliced tomato with evoo and flake kosher sea salt while I was waiting. It's all pretty damn good. Oh, also a Vanilla Pepsi.

Cubicle food:

Trader Joe's Spicy Onion Cashews, something new. They do have a slight "kick" but then I'm a chilehead so it's a little mild to me.

It lists Lemon Grass & Kaffir Lime seasoning & lime powder among the ingredients.

Did I mention you can taste the lime? :smile:

The tastebud jury is still out on these nuts.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

The best chicken ever (see below) paired with garlic & pecan couscouse and a 96 Kistler Vine Hill Chardonnay.

Delicious meal that had Mrs. TJ raving. I like it when I make her happy as a little girl!

Here's the chicken recipe c/o JonesWineNo1 from over on Vinocellar--

45 minutes at 450 degrees for a slightly over three pound bird.

The keys to success are: brine overnight, truss the bird, make sure the oven is at 450 before placing chicken inside, let the chicken come to room temperature before placing in oven, and let chicken rest for ten or so minutes under a tent of aluminum foil prior to carving.

If the bird is bigger than three pounds then the increase cooking time. In the event the chicken begins to burn (very rare) then tent scorched area with foil and continue cooking.

If you brine the bird, it is almost impossible to dry out the bird.

I'm finishing up left-over blanched green and yellow beans tossed with toasted sesame oil and sea salt. Yummy.

Let me take a moment to declare my love for toasted sesame oil. Truly a wonderful thing. I love the scent and I love the taste. :wub: Just opened a fresh bottle. Delightful.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

just preped some extra - sharp cheese on low fat triscuts for my husband -

no crackers for me but slivers of sharp cheese - yum

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Just had a drink made with lavender-infused vodka, lemon juice, lime juice, simple syrup and white vermouth.

and I'm about to partake of a chorizo frittata.

MMMMM.

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

er, just boozing here with great wines: olivier cuilleron's rhone red, schneider's potato barn (long island, ny) and walter filiputti's '99 picolit. a tiny bt of truffled cheese from italy (sott cenere), etorki (basque) and new zealand blue to go with the wine... watching old movies

Alcohol is a misunderstood vitamin.

P.G. Wodehouse