• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting...(Part 1)

in abut 2 minutes:

a corn dog! :biggrin:

But, there is nothing like a corn dog at the MN State Fair (I had plenty today ).

Since I had such an artery-clogging array of food today at said Fair, I decided that my late night snack would be heart-healthy Cherrios, with a sliced heart-healthy peach on top.

Then, I realized that Cherrios and peaches are much better with half-and-half than 1% milk, so...

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

Soon I'll be eating another pork blueberry muffin.

Pork muffins?

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Oh. Right.

No muffins. Bacon.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Kayiania. AKA Greek omelet.

Peeled, seeded and chopped fresh very ripe tomatoes from the garden.

Saute in pan -- just tomatoes NO oil yet -- until juices are slightly evaporated and tomatoes start breaking down.

Then add a good few slcherps of olive oil, chop up some sweet onion, cook until onion broken down.

Chop and add some fresh oregano (or dry) and add to tomato mixture. Beat up a few eggs in a bowl, add some feta into the egg mixture and then pour the egg mixture into the tomato/onion mixture.

There you go.

P.S. It IS technically brunch time, so if you really wanted to, you could have a little shot of ouzo to wash it down with.....

Savour Chef, I presume this is with a non-stick pan. But what did they do before non-stick?

A corn dog.

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

Savour Chef, I presume this is with a non-stick pan. But what did they do before non-stick?

Yes, *I* cooked this today with a non-stick, to make things easier, but I've seen it cooked otherwise. Actually, it's more tasty when not using a non-stick, since the tomato gets caramelized onto the pan, and once you put in the onions and olive oil, it "deglazes" the yummy bits.

But Smarmotron is correct. In the old days, they didn't care how much work had to be put into the cleaning up......they just did it.

Just finished two helpings of buckwheat pancakes, one with tons of butter and maple syrup and one with peach preserves. And coffee.

The ferrets just demolished some chicken wings (cooked, not raw, although they love the raw stuff too)--after 2.5 solid hours of play, they were HUNGRY!

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

Salmon roe and shaved bonito on a block of hiyayako-tofu (cold silken tofu) surrounded by ponzu and minced chipotle. Big spoon.