• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting...(Part 1)

I. Reilly, I really have no idea but should alligator not age a bit like other meats or is it more like fish? How freshly killed was it? Did you do it?

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

We're on a Bayou tour right now here in Louisiana. Freshly killed gator meat is abundant around these parts apparently. I watched mine being slaughtered...pretty fun stuff. The gator didn't even flinch when that crazy guy with the rubber bib filleted him down. I'd say you care for it more like fish. We cooked it up in my mobile kitchen and fed the neighbors....

Edited by I. Reilly (log)

apple cider doughnuts!

Oh yum, that sounds delicious.

Garlic bagel with cream cheese and some plain M&M's....lunch of champions.

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

i ain't eatin' but my gut is full of Abita Turbodog...may get around to some good lovin' if the mrs. will oblige. there IS a nice slice of alligator jambolaya pie waiting for me but i'm too drunk right now to think about such things.

Freshly killed alligator chowder, triple espresso Frappucino with a shot of Ten High (redneck speedball) and a bag of pork rinds.

Mmm. Ten High.

Just a glass of wine. Something Canyon. It has a bird on the label.

Noise is music. All else is food.

A my-ex bagel from Lennie's (jalapenos in it!) with plain cream cheese, sea salt and a little pepper, and a glass of Fresca.

And there's even a Jets game on. I love Sundays.

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

A slice of Pain Rustica schmeared with butter, some red-jacket apricots.

I'm a happy girl. :smile:

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

REALLY late lunch:

chicken noodle soup

carrot juice

shredded broiled boneless skinless chicken breasts which have been sauteed with chopped onions and tomatoes, along with the addition of a little ghee, garam masala, and shredded coconut

coconut rice (basmati rice cooked in coconut milk; cooled, and then fried with a little ghee, black mustard seeds, asafoetida and some caramelized onions folded in at the last minute)

sliced tomatoes, with sea salt and EVOO

I expect dinner will be a ways away tonight.

Soba

Edited by SobaAddict70 (log)

just finished breakfast made by my husband,

fried rice with okonomiyaki sauce, eggs and onions topped with a dollop of mayo :blink:

it wasn't bad actually

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

• 2 weeks later...

10:15 pm

husband safe in poughkeepsie from a catskill hiking trip

boy meets grill on tv

some lovely slivers of parm-reg

left over vegetarian homemade pizza - don't eat this late but have had no appetite with the heat/humidity here in northern nj till now :hmmm:

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites