• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting...(Part 1)

Well, I was just really excited to find the following in the house:

a couple scrapes of Chavrie

some nonfat cottage cheese :shock:

and some baked Lays :shock::shock:

After about 5 Bells Oberon, this oughta do me just fine.

Noise is music. All else is food.

Small pieces of various brittles, toffes, and nut clusters, five or six wasabi peas, one chocolate covered coffee bean.

Uh, are you on some sort of food plan, girl?? :huh: Just one chocolate-covered coffee bean??!? I'd never be able to eat just one . . .

No, it's just extra stuff from the food show.  Totally random.  I thought it would just be chocolate, or some kind of crisp.  I can not have caffeine this late.

Ah, now I get it (and I have the same issues with caffeine)!

Currently eating a large handful of still-warm-from-the-sun olallieberries, a very small portion of the day's berry picking bounty (@ 18 pounds). :smile:

Ah, the life of a career paralegal.

I can *never* leave work when I want to.... :sad:

On the other hand, the pay is good. So maybe I shouldn't complain. :hmmm:

Right now, a banana and seltzer water. I'm still in the office, btw.

Soba

You're eating WHAT?  I understand the first grouping of words, and then berries.

You funny, girl! :laugh:

An olallieberry is a cross between a loganberry and a youngberry (a blackberry hybrid); I believe it's grown almost exclusively here on the West Coast. We go to a u-pick place every year and stock up.

a ryokucha green tea and a miso-soup. i find this combo super-refreshing even in hot weather.

Xanthippe: your signature messages and commentary are hysterical! more please...

:biggrin:

gus

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen

a ryokucha green tea and a miso-soup. i find this combo super-refreshing even in hot weather.

Xanthippe: your signature messages and commentary are hysterical! more please...

:biggrin:

gus

Thanks, gus! As you've probably surmised, I'm a huge MST3K fan. Amongst the treasure in our video archives are:

"The Attack of the Giant Leeches"

"Hercules"

"Santa Claus Conquers the Martians"

"The Attack of the the (yes, "the" appears twice!) Eye Creatures"

"Side Hackers"

"Mitchell"

. . . and the worst movie ever made, "Manos, the Hands of Fate"

no milk in the house so therefore no coffee :angry:

I am instead enjoying iced passion fruit papaya tea, some very good stuff from The Republic of Tea.

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

pogophiles, as someone who grew up reading his mother's fairly complete archive of Pogo books, I have to ask you... haven't you ever wanted to try chicken foot perloo?

--

Oriental flavor Ramen noodles.  Evil.

Only if you decide not to bother with the water and the flavour packet and eat them dry from the package.

Yum. Crispy carbs.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com