• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting...(Part 1)

once again kristin is drinking iced coffee

well actually you could just call it cold coffee, since the is no ice in my house!

My husband used it all yesterday and then neglected to make more :angry:

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

5th cup of coffee of day. No food yet (is that bad?).

For dinner, I'm going to have some salmon that I cured (wrapped in wilted cabbage and dipped in sesame seeds and then drizzled with soy). Mmmmmmmmmm. I'm going to go home soon.

I find it odd that I can't stand eating food that doesn't taste good, but I'll drink all kinds of foul coffee.

A bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes. Its midnight.

It occurs to me that it might be possible to survive on good coffee, toasted bacon sandwiches with HP sauce and the odd bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes. You might even lose some weight. Maybe I should write a diet book.

We get blackberry honey, and buckwheat honey (love it) and blueberry honey at the farmer's market here.  I may suggest rosemary honey to the keepers.  It must have an amazing aroma.
Another buckwheat honey lover! Isn't it terrific?? I get mine at the farmers' market, too, as well as olallieberry honey. And yes, the rosemary honey's aroma is really quite ethereal . . .
The pasta was good but, something was missing...fresh herbs perhaps?  Some basil might have perked things up.  The lemon zest was a good choice.  It would have been bland and unctuous without it.
Ah, so you needed a bit more oomph in the pasta. I think fresh basil along with the lemon zest would've been great -- there's not much out there that basil doesn't liven up. Speaking of basil, the season's starting to kick in here; I came home from the farmers' market today with two large, fragrant bunches clutched in my hot little hand! :biggrin:

A barely edible "bran" muffin and Lipton tea (2 bags) from our staff caf. Not exactly what I want right now, but after last night's martinis....whoo, baby, it's just fine!

Sigh...and I was just reading the wonderful report that FG and Ellen S. did on Bobolink Farms. Yum.

Iced green tea with mint again.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

A thick slice of Acme ciabatta bread topped with Cypress Grove's Humboldt Fog cheese.

The same this afternoon, with some well-chilled cherries (it's bloody cooking here today) for after. Oh, and a big glass of iced tea a la Jinmyo -- green tea with fresh mint.

Uncharacteristically, nothing. It's too bloody hot* . . .

Maybe some iced cherries later if I can muster up the energy to go to the kitchen and open the fridge.

*We need a wilting, drenched-with-sweat emoticon.

Edited by Xanthippe (log)