• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting...(Part 1)

Butter tart square.  Fresh out of the oven about half an hour ago.  Recipe courtesy of Pixelchef.  YUM!!!!

Oh my. Oh my. What have you done? 11:30, and now I must bake. :(

Once again, this tread is going to be the death of me. Ah well.

Eggs, scrambled in the brusque and peremptory fashion (about a minute and a half over medium-high heat), with Colby cheese, plenty of black pepper (the major exception to my general dislike of perceptible pepper flavor is when it's with eggs).

Roasted garlic bread.

(Water.)

Jennie

Just licking the last few tiny baby peas out of my bowl. Got home from work at 5, picked and shelled those delicious little green jewels, cooked and buttered and salted them, and ate them with a spoon.

Dug a few new potatoes, too.

sparrowgrass

a meat loaf that i blended raisens and pine nuts and stuffed with two hard boiled eggs, when sliced, it looks delighful.

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly....MFK Fisher

In order to remain on topic, I will wait until I am eating and online simultaneously and then post. (I can tell you however that I am watching a rather interesting documentary about Morrissey whilst I type this if thats any help).

Xanthippe, I'm drinking iced green tea with mint.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Xanthippe, I'm drinking iced green tea with mint.

Jin, iced green tea with mint is perhaps the most refreshing beverage (non-alcoholic) on the planet.

Total yogurt with fresh fruit (strawberries and plucots), but no z'houg!

:smile:

Pad ki-mao with shrimp from My Thai Restaurant at 30 South Michigan Avenue in Chicago. Eating at my desk while posting on eGullet about eating at my desk...

:wink:

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004

Total yogurt with fresh fruit (strawberries and plucots), but no z'houg!

Spicy cold cucumber soup (from Peterson's marvelous Soup book), heavy on the yogurt.

Great book, great soup. Healthy, too, what with all that intestinally-friendly L. Bulgaricus, L. acidiphilous, etc. . . . :smile:

Ayran is a great Iraqi (uh... Okay, Persian) yogurt drink. I don't have any right now because when I buy it, I finish a bottle in two long raisings of the wrist no matter what I might intend.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM