• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting...(Part 1)

Just finishing up lunch a bowl of Japanese rice topped with leftover broccoli and sugar snap pea blackbean stirfry with 1/2 an onion stirfried in.

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

Stewed rhubarb over vanilla ice cream.  Yum!

I just had that, only over an oat apricot scone instead of ice cream.... so goood.

Not to mention how well it accompanied the combination Jerk Chicken and Catfish that I just got from Jamerica. Now, I am officially full. Thank you Martin!

Balthazar's chocolate bread is the only one I've had.  Is there a point?

I get chocolate bread. It's unique -- chocolate + yeast bread. Central Market makes one with cherries in it and it's pretty good once you get used to the idea.

What I don't get is chocolate muffins. Why not call them cupcakes?

Neither. It's a chocolate yeast bread. Every blue moon there's a chunk of chocolate, but not nearly enough. And the crumb is chocolate too, but not enough chocolate for me.

Butter tart square. Fresh out of the oven about half an hour ago. Recipe courtesy of Pixelchef. YUM!!!!

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Neither.  It's a chocolate yeast bread.  Every blue moon there's a chunk of chocolate, but not nearly enough.  And the crumb is chocolate too, but not enough chocolate for me.

Ah, so I'm not missing anything! Do you like pain du chocolate, elyse?