• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting...(Part 1)

at work and just had a coffee(black) and 2 Hersey toffee & almond limited edition kisses

needed it as they are dismantaling and installing a new desk and we seem to be at 6s & 7s

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Nutella (hazelnut chocolate spread) straight out of the jar, with a HUGE spoon. Man, this stuff is addicting

and it makes a fantastic pastry drizzle if you loosen it up with some vegetable oil or karo! Yummy.

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

Nutella (hazelnut chocolate spread) straight out of the jar, with a HUGE spoon. Man, this stuff is addicting

and it makes a fantastic pastry drizzle if you loosen it up with some vegetable oil or karo! Yummy.

Sounds good -- but I am afraid you are too late.. I just polished off that entire jar and can swear that I am atleast 3 pounds heavier.. but it was worth each dreamy spoonful!

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

I just polished off that entire jar and can swear that I am atleast 3 pounds heavier.. but it was worth each dreamy spoonful!

I was just in one of our little bodegas today and they had the cutest Nutella snack thing I'd never seen...plastic shaped like a jar, tiny little spoon to go with it - but I knew I'd need about six of them before it was all over...

So. how does one eat an artichoke from the yard? Not being facetious..

About the same way: trim up, little lemon, garlic and olive oil on top, bay leaf in the water, steam 20 minutes and then dip in lemony butter.

dave

It's just that I thought "from the yard" had some kind of "earthy" preparation for it..I totally read into that, it must have seemed like a silly question~ : :wink:

Edited by Kim WB (log)

I also polish the whole jar within two days of purchasing, with the use not of a spoon but of a chopstick... very convenient... you should try it! Last time I had Nutella in the house I also had salted cashews, which I dipped in the jar in lieu of dinner :biggrin:

Anne E. McBride

breakfast again,

today a bowl of muesli and an iced coffee

I am also a nutella freak, Once I was making these chocolate ganache filled pastry type cookies and I realized too late that I had no cream in the house, so I filled them with nutella, then I rolled them in crushed hazelnuts instead of almonds, wonderful! :biggrin:

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

ive never had nutella...!  Ive seen it but never bought it-what does it taste like and what do you put it on?

I like to spread it on thin slices of baguette.

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

Omelette with chorizo, onions, mushrooms and cheese. Hash browns on the side. Looking forward to a pint of Haagen Dazs for dessert.

"These pretzels are making me thirsty." --Kramer

Pork tenderloin steaks - dry rubbed two hours ago with Montreal steak seasoning, drizzled with EVOO and cooked in a Foreman grill. Will top with some "Bone Suckin' Barbecue Sauce". I've tried this Carolina style brand before but recently came across their "Seriously Hot" version when in NC on a visit. It rocks - best storebought BBQ sauce I've ever tried. My appetizer was some non-rennet containing extra sharp NYS cheddar from the Union Square Greenmarket. It's the best cheddar I've had in several years. Served them in little squares atop white cheddar Cheese Nips. Oddly enough.... I really don't care for them as an eat-alone snack cracker but they're exceptional when paired with a good cheddar.

I know.... absence of fruit, sald or veggies is not cool but I had minor surgery today and am rewarding myself by eating whatever the heck I want to (not to metnion that I had an apple and a banana as lunch).

Edited by phaelon56 (log)

ive never had nutella...!  Ive seen it but never bought it-what does it taste like and what do you put it on?

You gotta try this -- if you are a chocolate lover, that is -- it is really good stuff. I used to take it to school for a snack in the small packages someone mentioned earlier.. there really is no other -- NUTELLA rocks!!

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice