• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting...(Part 1)

Egg salad with eggs from my neighbor, basil, cilantro and spring onion tops from my garden, and vodka with oj...typical caribbean dinner (hint - there is no typical caribbean dinner)

Just pulled out of the oven a pot of porky goodness: belly and ribs slow cooked overnight with chinese flavours (soy, mirin, star anise, garlic, ginger, spring onion). They are really for supper tonight, but I just had to try a rib, strictly for quality control, of course...

Do you have a recipe for this that you would like to share?!!!

Please........................

Caught me at breakfast again

another iced coffee with onigiri (rice ball)

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

Roast turkey on whole wheat w/ Dijon, Coarse Salt, White Pepper, and EVOO.

I sang a turkey sandwich eating song while I ate it.

{Baritone}

Turkey Sandwich

Turkey Sandwich

Oh how I love my Turkey Sandwich

Turkey Sandwich

Turkey Sandwich

I wish I had another Turkey Sandwich

{/Baritone}

Edited by Schielke (log)

Gimme what cha got for a pork chop!

-Freakmaster

I have two words for America... Meat Crust.

-Mario

Frontera Grill Veracruz Spicy Nut Mix...sweet and spicy peanut, pepitas and toasted corn...even has toasted fava and toasted garbanzo beans!

Omigosh, awbring, I'm having that very thing right now!! :shock::shock: Unreal . . .

A couple apricots and a handful of cherries sit nearby and will be consumed when I finish the spicy mix.

Roast turkey on whole wheat w/ Dijon, Coarse Salt, White Pepper, and EVOO.

I sang a turkey sandwich eating song while I ate it.

{Baritone}

Turkey Sandwich

Turkey Sandwich

Oh how I love my Turkey Sandwich

Turkey Sandwich

Turkey Sandwich

I wish I had another Turkey Sandwich

{/Baritone}

You need a better way to finish the song like the low "barbecue sauce" from the Chili's jingle...

Just my opinion. The song is not complete yet in my book...

For some unknown reason I began craving a huge puffed german pancake with lots of powdered sugar and fresh lemon juice. So I whipped one up and am finishing it up now. Damn good stuff.

-Elizabeth

Mmmmmmm chocolate.

You need a better way to finish the song like the low "barbecue sauce" from the Chili's jingle...

:angry:

I am drinking water. Soon I shall be eating pasta with EVOO, onions, garlic, basil, pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes, calamata olives, feta, and parmesan.

What are wasabi peas?

A snack of dried, green peas with a wasabi coating; 9 oz. cost $1.99 at Trader Joe's. Good stuff.

-- Jeff

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -- Groucho Marx

I just got home from work.... ate some homemade tuna noodle casserole that was leftover in the fridge. I love tuna noodle casserole. :rolleyes:

"There is no worse taste in the mouth than chocolate and cigarettes. Second would be tuna and peppermint. I've combined everything, so I know."

--Augusten Burroughs

:angry:

I am drinking water. Soon I shall be eating pasta with EVOO, onions, garlic, basil, pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes, calamata olives, feta, and parmesan.

are you , like, making it, or ordering it? Sounds lovely, just wondering

I made it dear! One of my favorite meals at home. I usually don't add the pine nuts, but had some leftover feta and wanted to use it. I had NO leftover tomatoes or olives, so added the pine nuts. THEN I found leftovers of the EVOO, onions, garlic, basil, sun dried tomatoes, calamata olives, feta, and parmesan on pasta, and put them together. I always think toasted pine nuts taste bacony. Mmmmm bacony nuts!

Claire, Lean Cuisines are yucky. serve their purpose, but yucky. Fritz, tuna noodles are good...cheese, tuna, elbow macaronis...I'm liking that.

Right now, Turkey Hill ( which might be a local yokel kind of brand) ice cream sandwiches. Really, IC sands are really good...I know there are homemade recipes for same..but why wouldja? Turkey Hill has it down! :laugh:

Just finished some sauted seabass, caught today, some balsmai rice cooked with fennel and mustad seeds, a little onion, and some paprika and an artichoke just picked out of the yard.

dave

So. how does one eat an artichoke from the yard? Not being facetious..I steam em and make an involved vinagrette..Iwould think that if I had them in my yard, Iwould simplify..like in August, I make my own garlic salt and just pick and sprinkle tomatos!

So. how does one eat an artichoke from the yard? Not being facetious..

About the same way: trim up, little lemon, garlic and olive oil on top, bay leaf in the water, steam 20 minutes and then dip in lemony butter.

dave