• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In the Name of All That's eGullet

Girls and boys, ladies and gents:

Check this out:

"The Name Game" Entries

Be astounded at the cleverness of your fellow eGulls. Laugh your hocks off. And lick your pencil--or mouse! This round of the Smackdown is a hoot and a half.

It is also a blast to write.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

This is still really, really Funny Stuff, and I'm plugging this round shamelessly. C'mon...I'll extend the deadline until Sunday, September 21st, midnight.

I know a couple of minds who would excel at this kind of wordplay. ( Not that I'm putting any pressure on you or anything, Lady T. :rolleyes: )

And those are only the folks I know personally.

Edited by maggiethecat (log)

Margaret McArthur

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

margaretmcarthur.com

:wink:

Thank heavens for that, Maggie. My Muse responds badly to arm-twisting, coercion, and other forms of forced production...I go to see what I might do to the household's nomenclature.

:biggrin:

Edited by Lady T (log)

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004

My Muse responds badly to arm-twisting, coercion, and other forms of forced production.

Actually, My Muse can hardly work under any other conditions! :sad:

Margaret McArthur

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

margaretmcarthur.com