• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

McDonald's Rolls Out Philly Cheesesteak

cinghiale

Big Mac Xtreme? So its like a double quarter pounder but a Big Mac? Wow. I gotta get me one of those.

Yup. Same 3 part bun, same rehydrated onions, same sauce and toppings, bigger patties. Actually had one this weekend. Got about halfway through it and realized the meat was pink. Normally not an issue, but if it's fast food, visions of Jack In The Box and the eColi outbreak of a few years back dance in my head. I waited for 3 days for the "other shoe to drop", if you know what I mean, but no ill effects.

I think I'll try another tonight. From a different location....

Screw it. It's a Butterball.

Mayo?  Ewwwww.

actually, i usually get cheesesteaks with mayo, ketchup, fried onions, hot peppers. sometimes sweet peppers too.

The secret ingredient is tahini. Shhh! Don't tell anyone.

you so crazy!

(damm, can't do accents and tones online.)

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Jack in the Box has one out here in California that is actually pretty good!

I saw cheesesteaks sold in LA's Farmers Market that came with sprouts and avocado.

Oh, now, that's just wrong.

<sighing wistfully> I love cheesesteaks. Scrapple, too.

The Domino's pizza sucks. I got one and there was barely any meat on it at all. It was all onions, peppers, and mushrooms, and a few shreds of meat on it I couldn't even really recognize as meat. If the McDonald's cheesesteak is anything like Jack In The Box's get rid of it as soon as possible! Jack In The Box's has to be the worst cheesesteak I've ever tasted.

I saw cheesesteaks sold in LA's Farmers Market that came with sprouts and avocado.

In LA? Did you see anyone buy one? I didnt' think anyone there eats meat. Maybe they get it and toss out the steak tho...oh, and the roll. :biggrin:

In LA? Did you see anyone buy one? I didnt' think anyone there eats meat. Maybe they get it and toss out the steak tho...oh, and the roll. :biggrin:

I can see that happening. Right out of the movies.

"One sprout and avocado sandwich please."

"We don't sell sprout and avocado sandwiches"

"OK, one cheesesteak with sprouts and avocado, stuff the steak and cheese up your .... and give me what's left."

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter