• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle Brewpub

Hi All:

I have a friend visiting Seattle next weekend. We heard tell today of a brewpub that's 1) near the stadium area 2) has many different brews on draft 3) is cigar friendly and has some sort of gas "eternal flame" in it for the stogies to be lit from.

Are these clues adding up to anything with a name and/or address?

TIA for your help!

Katie

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

I believe you are referring to the Pike Pub & Brewery. I'm not certain about the 'eternal flame' thing, but they do have a cigar room and most brewpubs around here are no-smoking places.

1415 First Ave.

Seattle, WA 98101

(206) 622-6044

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Pyramid Ale House

Yummm. The Apricot Ale is especially good on tap.

I don't know about Seattle, but the Berkeley location has nice little wood-fired pizzas, too. No smoking, of course. Hell, in Berkeley you probably can't even smoke at home anymore...

Pyramid Ale House - across the street from the baseball stadium?

drink beer

Pyramid is completely non-smoking as far as I know.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

Yummm. The Apricot Ale is especially good on tap.

Urp. They can't give the stuff away in the stores here.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

From the description, this sounds like the Pike Pub and Brewery at 1415 First Avenue. They have a special 'cigar room' in which smoking cigars is allowed, and they also have them available for purchase.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd

Mill Creek, Washington USA

Is there an echo in here? :biggrin:

Is there an echo in here?  :biggrin:

Not so much an echo, as confirmation. There are several bars locally that also meet this description, but Pike Place was the only brewpub I am familiar with with the cigar criteria. I am not at all sure about the appeal of mixing cigars and beer, but I am not a smoker myself.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd

Mill Creek, Washington USA

Thanks everyone. I've sent my friend a link to this thread so he can keep up to date in the responses.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol