• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Claim Your Prizes!

You 1st Prize Winners who haven't received your fabulous prize... It's now a happenin' thing. Please PM me your names and addresses and I'll take your really sweet cookbook to the Post Office the day I receive your info. I promise. Word of a Canadian/Midwesterner, and we don't come more sincere than that!

Act soon or you might get your copy with crumbs and greasy fingerprints within.

And while you're at it, get your lazy (smart)asses over here and write me a story.

The Name Game

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

I never win nothin.   The one contest I entered got put into hiatus. :sad:

Now, now Canadian Sistergirl! Don't pout.

Enter. Here. Now.

Maybe the august panel of Smackdown Judges are weighted in the favour of pretty blondes who live in the Toronto 'burbs and have great kitchens. :rolleyes:

Edited by maggiethecat (log)

Margaret McArthur

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

margaretmcarthur.com

I never win nothin.   The one contest I entered got put into hiatus. :sad:

Now, now Canadian Sistergirl! Don't pout.

Enter. Here. Now.

Maybe the august panel of Smackdown Judges are weighted in the favour of pretty blondes who live in the Toronto 'burbs and have great kitchens. :rolleyes:

Um yeah...... :rolleyes: Ok, I'll think on it. Besides,, I'm really good at pouting! :smile:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Um yeah......  :rolleyes:  Ok, I'll think on it.  Besides,, I'm really good at pouting! :smile:

Do it!

(And let's choose trembling lower lips at a hundred yards and see who wins. :smile: )

Margaret McArthur

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

margaretmcarthur.com

(And let's choose trembling lower lips at a hundred yards and see who wins. :smile: )

You're on! And by the way, if you are the challenger, I get to choose the weapon :raz: I choose, fluttering eye lids, quivering lips, a single tear tracking down the cheek, a delicate flush to the cheekbone, a luminous sheen to the eye, a downcast sweep of the eyelash, a tremulous quiver to the lip. Madame.....?

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Weapons that never fail:

Heaving bosom, downcast eyes.

(Hmm...a foeman worthy of my steel! :rolleyes: )

Write me a story, Madame!

(See Marlene, it's easy. You already have.)

Please wave the vinaigrette under my nose. Georgette Heyer fans everywhere know I'm not talking salad dressing.

Edited by maggiethecat (log)

Margaret McArthur

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

margaretmcarthur.com

You're on! And by the way, if you are the challenger, I get to choose the weapon :raz: I choose, fluttering eye lids, quivering lips, a single tear tracking down the cheek, a delicate flush to the cheekbone, a luminous sheen to the eye, a downcast sweep of the eyelash, a tremulous quiver to the lip. Madame.....?

Y'all are reminding me of child star Margaret O'Brien, who asked the director, "Do you want that tear to roll all the way down my cheek, or just halfway down?" (Or words to that effect.)

A heaving bosom (at least at that age) was not within her repertoire. I almost said "within her reach" but I don't know if she ever acted with that scene-stealer, Olivia de Havilland, who was notorious for her own heaving bosom, which apparently she could inflate and deflate like a pneumatic air-mattress. Come to think of it, I don't want to place Olivia's bosom within reach of Margaret O'Brien under any circumstances. That's just a little too "Last Emperor" for me.

Edited by tanabutler (log)

Come to think of it, I don't want to place Olivia's bosom within reach of Margaret O'Brien under any circumstances. That's just a little too "Last Emperor" for me.

Vermouth up my nose!

Margaret McArthur

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

margaretmcarthur.com