• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Grapevine

tommy

anyone been to this place? it's on passaic ave right over the nutley border in belleville.

they seem to offer lots of "interesting" meats: alligator, turtle, ostrich, kangaroo. it's a pubby/bistro atmosphere, and seems family run. the small wine list isn't all that exciting, but there are several non-offensive selections.

the website

the website suggests lunch, but they're now only open for dinner, starting at about 4 daily.

this place has been here for about 7 years and i've never heard of it. that's baffling.

190 passaic ave

belleville, nj

Tom...Henry Sanchez was the chef here about 5 years ago before moving on to Terrazza, Taste, Luce, Bella Giardino and now Bice...when he was there many people I know said that the food was very good which would make sense since he is a pretty talented chef(despite all the movement)...since his departure however I have not heard a thing...

A.D.S.

I heard Bice was changing names. Is Henry still there?

he was as of the last time I had heard which was probably less than 2 weeks ago...are the John Magliaro/Terrazza/Franklin Steak House crew still the owners of Bice?

Edited by RockADS21 (log)

A.D.S.

he was as of the last time I had heard which was probably less than 2 weeks ago...are the John Magliaro/Terrazza/Franklin Steak House crew still the owners of Bice?

I heard that Franklin Steak house bought Bice and was changing the name.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I heard that Franklin Steak house bought Bice and was changing the name.

I know that the first part of that was/is true which leads me to believe the second part is as well...

Edited by RockADS21 (log)

A.D.S.

My husband and I have been to the Grapevine several times for lunch and once for dinner. We enjoy it, they have creative sandwiches, pizza and pasta dishes. They are also very accomodating, if you want any substitututions they are happy to oblige.