• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seafood in Sonoma?

Foodie-Girl

Generally in the Bay Area you will find that all restaurants have several seafood entrees on the menu. We don't tend to have many of those classic, seafood-only restaurants. (Why is that, I wonder?) Certainly, the quality-and underlying style-varies along with the restaurant, but I never eat dinner in the town of Sonoma, so I can't help you with specifics. I've had some great local salmon this summer, and sand dabs are always a good bet.

Thanks, pho and marie-louise!

Well, we're really only interested in restaurants right in Sonoma for that part of our trip.

After Sonoma we have a week in San Francisco.

Yes, we've been to Chez P. I hate to tell you how many years ago...LOL..but it was wonderful from the very start.

Now...I'm looking for the best of the best dim sum in SFO!

Thanks for all the help...keep the suggestions coming!

charcoop@yahoo.com

Meritage on the square is the only Seafood restaurant I can think of. I was perusing their menu only yesterday and considering dining there (I was craving oysters). But honestly, at over 105 degrees fahrenheit, nothing sounded good.

(I ended up going home and making a cold salad).

Sorry I can't attest to it, other than it's existence.