• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 1996 Ch. Potensac (Medoc)

hotle

found this wine at the local binny's a week or so ago. parker gave it an 89, and the review they had posted had all the 'right' words in it for me. in addition, the price was about $22/btl by the case, so i went ahead and took the plunge.

second bottle opened last night, with similar 'results' to the first. very nice deep, dark berry nose. nice color with no apparent brick/red, medium body, not extra-long on the finish, but not short, either. black cherry and plum on the palate. tannins were not all that apparent. parker had posed a maturity of 2002-2014, but based on the lack of tannin at this point in both bottles, i'd say 2014's gonna be a stretch, and i'd drink this one over the near-term.

i LOVE bordeaux, though, and at 20 bucks, i may buy another case.

matt