• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Monster Sushi & Steak

allanl

Hmm, I can probably make that date. Lunch time? Kim, I can give you a mall tour afterwards if you haven't been to TMASH previously.

which date, 10/23 or 11/6?

Rachel, I could use the direction, I've only been there twice. I need to find the Talbot's Women's Store..the Short Hill branch carries women's( not misses) petitie sizes. Tnx. But don't let me drink too much sake, I'll spend too much money!

Hmm. Either date.

Kim, the Talbots store you are referring to is on the upper level by the glass elevator adjacent to the funky mod-art water feature (not the big glass globe water feature). This is two stores south of Saks Fifth Avenue. Best to enter on the second level from the parking garage through Saks (turn left as you exit Saks into the mall), or on the first level by the mall entrance near Bloomingdales (right next to Papa Razzi), turn right into the mall and go up the elevator.

Just took a look at my schedule and realized that I am in the City all day on the 6th...don't know if that date had been definitely set...if so - have a great time, if not - hopefuly I will be back in :biggrin:

Edited by RockADS21 (log)

A.D.S.

• 2 months later...

What happened to the Montster Sushi and Steak eGullet lunch we were suppose to have? Lowell and I were there for dinner recently and there are many items on the menu we would like to try next time. We started off with a garden salad with a ginger dressing and a seaweed salad with sesame dressing. It was freezing outside so Lowell had a delicious udon with chicken, egg, and vegetables. It came with shrimp tempura on the side. I had an appetizer portion of tuna and salmon sashimi which was great. The portion was tremendous so I guess they don’t call this restaurant “monster” for no reason. Also had the Alaska roll which had salmon, avocado and cucumber. Enjoyed everything. We were too stuffed for dessert. The menu is on their website at www.monstersushi.com

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

The name Monster Sushi.........

reminds me of a restaurant in San Francisco about 10 years ago called Godzilla Sushi. Godzilla was arguably popular. It closed down for some reason. Some said they wern't doing well. But no sooner did it close than many people were screaming for it's return and so, it did return to an even bigger fanfare than before.