• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Pastry Chef/Desserts in Montreal

jersey13

Lesley: Thanks for your comments on my earlier post! I'm sure someone was able to pass my message along to Bertrand... :wink:

Your source's information about Friday's party was 100% accurate, by the way... It was an amazing celebration - food, wine, spirits, music and beautiful people... - for a most interesting club, I must say! :smile:

Will be eating at Les Chèvres for the first time tonight. Am trying to manage my own expectations... :wink:

Stéphane

Stéphane Ethier

Montréal, Québec

Your source's information about Friday's party was 100% accurate, by the way... It was an amazing celebration - food, wine, spirits, music and beautiful people... - for a most interesting club, I must say!  :smile:

The 357C one year party was interesting and service was stellar. John, ex-Bice put on a great spread.

My sweet tooth is still recovering. The desserts were a high point! Not so sure on the beautiful people, but what can you do.

What is it like there the rest of the time? Has anyone been for a mid-week dinner? Mount-Royal / Stephen club clone or unique?

Edited by ABG (log)

Jacques Noeninger is a teacher at the ITHQ. He was my chocolate teacher and is a pastry God in my books. But put him in a restaurant today, and I'm not too sure he could compete with the best -- unless he stuck to his perfect French pastries.

You should see the man make a pomme givré. Major wow.

Culatello, how do you know about Mr. Noeninger? Did you ever have him as a teacher?

Lesley I never had Jacques as a teacher but I always admired him .

And I still think he could put some Montreal Pasty Chefs in his pockets maybe not alot of them but quite a few.

How I know him let's say he's a freind :cool:

Con il melone si mangia , beve e si lava la facia

My Nonno Vincenzo 1921-1994

I'm craving the perfct Gateau Foret Noire .

• 1 month later...