• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sunday dinner in Paris

Beth

>Your find suggests that I put together a thread on making reservations on the net/web, once I have an expanded list. <

I used the following recently for a reservation at Rotisserie D'En Face. It worked perfectly! Not so perfect was the disappointing food. I hadn't been there in quite a few years and the menu seemed less than remembered.

We had a wonderful meal at L'Epi Dupin which isn't on this reservation list but many favorites are.

http://www.bestrestaurantsparis.com/

I want to thank John Talbott for his wonderful recommendation of Le Reminet. It was quite good and very charming. We had wonderful food, overall. Aux Lyonnaise was good but some may find the menu somewhat challenging. L'Angle du Faubourg was wonderful in both service and food. Cafe Constant was a good but not great casual meal.

• 2 years later...

Need recommendations of places open for dinner on Sunday in Paris. Not 3 star, but a place with substantial culinary aspirations - going with some of younger colleagues who have the palettes but not the wallets!

Need recommendations of places open for dinner on Sunday in Paris.  Not 3 star, but a place with substantial culinary aspirations - going with some of younger colleagues who have the palettes but not the wallets!

L'Atelier de JR, Senderens, le Bistrot d'à Côté Flaubert, l'Auberge Bressane, la Rotonde are in my sunday book. Also many Chinatown adresses, which are my sunday favs, but I always have a hard time getting international audiences interested. Apparently everybody thinks they have the best Chinese restaurants at home.

NOT la Butte Chaillot where I just had a sunday lunch that made me imagine Gordon Ramsay coming for another episode of Kitchen Nightmares.

Edited by julot-les-pinceaux (log)