• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Packaged Cookies

hjshorter

I believe I mentioned them earlier in this discussion but you should try Carr's Lemon Ginger Cremes which can be found at Trader Joe's. They do have a little bite to them.

These are one of my favorites (and I usually ignore cookies that don't have chocolate in them.)

Hobnobs and Digestives, especially the dark chocolate-dipped kind

custard creams

do flapjacks count?

Cutting the lemon/the knife/leaves a little cathedral:/alcoves unguessed by the eye/that open acidulous glass/to the light; topazes/riding the droplets,/altars,/aromatic facades. - Ode to a Lemon, Pablo Neruda

I believe I mentioned them earlier in this discussion but you should try Carr's Lemon Ginger Cremes which can be found at Trader Joe's. They do have a little bite to them.

I did see that, and will have to try them. Unfortunately, there isn't a Trader Joe's near me. Next time I'm at one though....

I rarely buy cookies anymore, since I prefer homemade, but for storebought, Le Petit Ecolier is one of the best.

There used to be a Pepperidge Farm brownie cookie that was great, but of course they discontinued it. They also had a lemon nut cookie - don't know if it still exists. Love Social Teas dipped in hot tea.

Edited by merstar (log)
There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.

Bahlsen Choco Leibniz are ridiculously delicious. Normally, I prefer dark chocolate. With these, milk is the only way to do it.

These babies are mostly chocolate; the biscuit, a mere accessory, is practically suspended in it.

My sister spreads nutella on the chocolate side, nukes them, and adds toasted marshmallow: cheater's smores.

I prefer them with a smidge of dulce de leche and a sprinkle of Maldon salt.

Really, really good.

:wub: tim tams.  Why oh why can't they sell them in the states.  Actually, its probably better that they don't.

I traded with an Australian pen pal some reeces PB cups  for a whole whack of tim-tams.  OMG, they were fabulous.

They are made with real sugar and not high fructose corn syrup.

Too funny!

:laugh: My boyfriend has just bought some that he is sending to an American friend right now. Since I never have them in the house, I did confirm that yes they have real sugar. Is it really that unusual in American products? I would have thought you would have a big sugar industry too.

It's a tie, for me: Mamma's Devil's Food Cookies, and Peak Freens (sp?).

The former, becaus my Nonna had them at her house for the kids and we used to see how many we could stack up and shove inside our mouths at once.

The latter, because dammit, no other cookie name makes me giggle!

"Oh, tuna. Tuna, tuna, tuna." -Andy Bernard, The Office

The cookies I buy most of the time are Kelley's Kookies melting moments (basically pecan butterballs), chocolate chip cookies and macadamia shortbread. They're made locally and don't have any preservatives, so they taste homemade. The little chocolate chip cookies are cripsy and remind me of the way Famous Amos cookies used to taste a long time ago.

I am a huge fan of chocolate chip cookies, however I am picky with the brand. My absolute favourate is the Decadent chocolate chip cookies. (You can find them at Loblaws). I know know what it is about them, but they just melt in your mouth, they are amazing as they are filled with chocolate chips and they just have a great taste.

Let me know what you think or if you have ever tried them before?

I like Linden's chocolate chip cookies and for a commercial brand Cheryl & Co's cookies are fantastic (the ones with the icing are my favorites!) YUM! :laugh::wub:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.