• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A Run for the Border

Jaymes

I sure hope there will be full food reports at some point.

I'm planning on taking a laptop and filing reports from "el camino." :rolleyes:

what's connectivity like in mexico?

no clue as to how telmex and any others have the country wired.

So Caroline, yanking ourselves away from slim guapo beachboys for a moment -

How IS the country "wired."

Are there "internet cafes"? Will we be able to "file reports from our laptops" without difficulty?

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Internet cafes are much commoner than in the US because fewer families can afford computers and connections at home. You'll run across them everywhere. I've not used them but I have the impression their quality runs the gamut from quite excellent to fairly abysmal,

Rachel

Rachel Caroline Laudan

elmo, if you look like brad pitt, then i look like geena davis.

but i gotta tell you, nothing does it for me like a young dark-eyed mexican boy, say 18 years old.........

oops, better stop before i look like a fool.

opps, too late.

Recent Picture of me. No Brad Pitt, but hey...

Smile!

Edited by elmo (log)

Internet cafes are much commoner than in the US because fewer families can afford computers and connections at home.  You'll run across them everywhere.  I've not used them but I have the impression their quality runs the gamut from quite excellent to fairly abysmal,

Rachel

internet cafes are ubiquitous, but they're not reliable. it's not uncommon to sit typing for an hour and find you've lost the connection--just like that--and lost all your work, as well. electricity can be intermittent in many communities--so just imagine the havoc that wreaks for internet access.

elmo, if you look like brad pitt, then i look like geena davis.

but i gotta tell you, nothing does it for me like a young dark-eyed mexican boy, say 18 years old.........

oops, better stop before i look like a fool.

opps, too late.

Recent Picture of me. No Brad Pitt, but hey...

Smile!

:unsure:

I guess "elmo" ain't going...

Looks like somebody killed him.

(That was weird.) :unsure:

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.