• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

$25 giftcert Marché, Red Light, Gioco, Opera

Sweet Willie

Yes, received it via email but it was very hard for my old eyes to read (and maybe it wasn't the best scan either). Are the restrictions significant?

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

Yes, received it via email but it was very hard for my old eyes to read (and maybe it wasn't the best scan either).  Are the restrictions significant?

=R=

1 coupon may not be used towards tax & gratuity

2 no Saturday use

3 one coupon per group

4 coupon applied to dine in only

5 write your frequent diner number on coupon

6 must be used by 5/31/04

7 only 1 coupon per frequent diner may be presented during this promotion

8 no other coupons/promotions may be used with this coupon

9 coupon can only be used at Marche

edited to add I guess I should have increased the font size! :biggrin::wink:

Edited by Sweet Willie (log)
"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be"

• 1 year later...
offer is still going on, fyi.

It's been about a year since I've been to any of these places. Has anyone else been more recently? How are they doing? It's been a while since chef O'Connor left.

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

I went to Gioco in August (my second visit). Impeccable service, delicious food. My husband and I are not wine savvy (we like it, but we don't know a damned thing about it) and we consulted our server who gave us excellent recommendations.

The two times we've been we've been seated in the front area next to the bar; I'd like to see about being seated in the back next time if possible, as it does get a bit noisy and crowded.

Going to see if this GC link still works -- would love to try one of the other places listed!