• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

$25 giftcert Marché, Red Light, Gioco, Opera

Sweet Willie

Thanks, Willie. That was mighty fine of you.

Might I suggest that we possibly, maybe use our certificates at an eGullet sponsored dinner, if that is forseeable and possible according to the rules.

If we all went together, would we be considered a "Private Party," or would something like that involve calling them and saying something like, "Hello. I wold like to arrange a private party. It's worth a little looking into if anyone is game.

Guajolote, Ronnie, and Willie - before I sign up for this, which of the four restaurants did you guys choose? Please don't tell me Marche.

Thanks, Willie.  That was mighty fine of you.

Might I suggest that we possibly, maybe use our certificates at an eGullet sponsored dinner, if that is forseeable and possible according to the rules.

If we all went together, would we be considered a "Private Party," or would something like that involve calling them and saying something like, "Hello.  I wold like to arrange a private party.  It's worth a little looking into if anyone is game.

Guajolote, Ronnie, and Willie - before I sign up for this, which of the four restaurants did you guys choose?  Please don't tell me Marche.

I signed up for Marche because I wanted to see the waiter who wore a thong :raz: .

In real life I picked Opera. I've been wanting to go since January, especially to have that hell-fire hot dish.

In real life I picked Opera. I've been wanting to go since January, especially to have that hell-fire hot dish.

It isn't that hot!

And I'm up for another foray to Opera. Not just for the food; it's there I first met the other two thirds of the Travelling Riot, so it's Special.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

Guajolote, Ronnie, and Willie - before I sign up for this, which of the four restaurants did you guys choose?  Please don't tell me Marche.

I chose Red Light, but I have friends who could still choose another one...:cool:

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

yea, me wonders if rules with using more than 1 offer/coupon/discount would apply, as more often than not, they would.

Edited by herbacidal (log)

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

And I'm up for another foray to Opera.  Not just for the food; it's there I first met the other two thirds of the Travelling Riot, so it's Special.

:blush:

:wub:

Yep. Opera's fine by me. I do purely want to see Gentle G tangle with that kung pao beef.

:biggrin:

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any thoughts?

Chef Jackie Shen has taken over the reigns at Red Light restaurant.

I had dined twice before Shen took over, loved it.

Have not been back, but friends that have said outstanding. I know that is where I'm going to use my cert.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be"

Any thoughts?

Chef Jackie Shen has taken over the reigns at Red Light restaurant.

I had dined twice before Shen took over, loved it.

Have not been back, but friends that have said outstanding. I know that is where I'm going to use my cert.

My cert's for Red Light too...

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

Free $25 gift certificate for Marché, Red Light, Gioco or Opera just for filling out application.

Thanks for the discount information! I really like Marche, the food is good, not always terrribly exotic but tasty. The restaurant is a work of art. I try to go there every time I am in Chicago. My co-workers are there right now I wish I had seen this discount earlier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Received this email from Red Light:

Kacher Wine Dinner at Red Light Restaurant 820 W. Randolph St. 312 733 8880 Monday, March 15th, 2004 6:30 p.m. greeting, 7pm dinner $75 plus tax and gratuity

"Robert Kacher is the hottest importer in the United States for the simple reason that he continues to beat his competition on the playing field-the vineyards and cellars of France. No one spends more time in winemaker’s caves arguing for lower yields or less fining and filtration. Kacher has put together a portfolio of producers in Burgundy and the Rhone Valley who will become, I predict, the superstars of the nineties. His name on a bottle of wine is as close to an endorsement of quality as one is likely to find in the complicated world of wine." Robert M. Parker, Jr.

Please join us for a remarkable food and wine experience with America’s foremost wine importer. This night promises to be a rare dining opportunity as Chefs Paul Wildermuth and Jackie Shen create a beautiful tasting menu to be matched with Bobby’s wines. Bobby will be present to discuss the food and wine pairings as well as to address any other wine questions you may have. We will be working in conjunction with Sam’s Wine and Spirits to offer our guest special pricing on the wines being served that night.

This dinner will sell out very quickly. Please call Red Light for your reservations today. Again, the phone number at Red Light is 312 733 8880.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be"

• 1 month later...