• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Turn up the Amps!

Craig Camp

As I like to drink a variety of different wines, I want you to know these Riedel glasses have caused all sorts of trouble.

First, they're expensive, so getting a second and third job was mandatory.

Secondly, since the varied wines I bring home don't (apparently) show well in a basic wine glass, I've had to buy the full line in quantity.

Thirdly, we just got approval from the city to remodel the house, adding the two extra rooms for all that stemware.

I've been waiting for Riedel to round out his line, producing a Pepsi glass, a Coke Classic glass, a 7-Up glass, a Dr. Pepper glass and one for orange juice as well. A glass for prune juice, I'm supposing, would be a tad smaller and I'd like one of those to use regularly (so-to-speak).

I'm also going to be needing a bunch of new decanters, including the brand spanking new model (the blushing beauty) Carema must be writing about.

:wub:

I just came back from an olive oil tasting.

Some were produced with the new Italian method called Sinolea and were distinguished by very fruity aromas.

Luckily we are not into the habit of drinking olive oil from the glass, otherwise we will be needing another room as suggested :wink:

Traditional olive oil tasting glasses are blue, by the way, but are not my cup of tea.

I used a rather small and focused glass, did the job.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.