• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trivia Unwrapped

melkor

I keep thinking that FTVN is not really that much worse than when it first started, that maybe I have just grown past it or that it is no longer a novelty to me. But one would think that it should get better, not worse. Then they come out with lame stuff like this. And if I see another "unwrapped" I will scream. I can't tell you how many times I click over there to see what is on and there is another damned Unwrapped.

Does anyone know what their numbers are like? Up? Down? Flat?

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

Could the Food Channel be any worse?

Sure, they could replace Mario with Marc Summers.

Poor Marc Summers. He's been passed around nearly every cable channel that could possible have a game show. I can hardly blame him for doing this crap...but I do.

Kelli

I have yet to see the show. I've only seen the previews, and to tell the truth, I don't think I'm going to have an okay time with the show. It looks like the show sucks now. By the way you guys are talking about it, the show does suck.

Thank God I'm not the one hosting the show or up on stage as a contestant. It looks pretty humiliating.

I'm also glad it's on Monday nights. I've definitely got better things to watch on Monday nights, let me tell you that. :angry:

Edited by bsan (log)

I think silver suits me so...

...but red is also for me!

Iron Chef Morimoto all the way!

From me, a fan of Iron Chef.

So it's a game show?

Egad.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

How many twists in a Twizzler? What star got his big break in a fast food commercial?

Do you think that is interesting? :blink:

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Mkay.

Marc Summers is a show killer. When he walks on set, Fonzi breaks out his lifejacket and skis.

I usually have the FTV playing in the background while I'm working. Unwrapped works purely on a subliminal level. I think to myself, hmmm, vending machines...what's so mysterious about a freaking vending machine? Then five minutes later, I'm asking myself, why am I watching clips of a vending machine convention? Hang on, they sell BEER in those things. Why can't we have those? It all goes downhill from there, my friend.

Unwrapped is like Muzak. Everyone hates it, yet sooner or later when you're listening to it in an elevator, you find yourself humming the lyrics of the instrumental for "In-a-Godda-de-Vida".

there are countless things in this life more annoying and concerning to me than this.

in fact, i'd imagine that guessing the answers while watching would be something that more than a few "foodies" would actually enjoy.

That's what I thought when the show started. The problem is that the show starts with a quick summary of an unwrapped episode in which they run through all the answers to the questions they will be asking on that episode of the show. It's truly painful to watch, especially when the contestants can't remember what they just saw 60 seconds ago.

It's truly painful to watch, especially when the contestants can't remember what they just saw 60 seconds ago.

we'll put *you* under those lights and in front of the cameras and see how good *your* memory is. :raz:

For a chance to win a new toaster? No thanks.

It's truly painful to watch, especially when the contestants can't remember what they just saw 60 seconds ago.

we'll put *you* under those lights and in front of the cameras and see how good *your* memory is. :raz:

For a chance to win a new toaster? No thanks.

Dear God! A toaster? Who would go on a game show for a toaster?

I know I wouldn't. :angry:

Ha ha. Very funny. It's so funny, I'm falling out of the chair just laughing at it. Yeah, right. Like I'm going to fall out of the chair. :rolleyes:

But seriously, what is Food Network thinking when they air this stuff?