• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Painting kitchen cabinets

tommy

You could replace the flourescent fixture with a track lighting system that uses the existing junction box. There are fixed and flexible tracks, and a variety of trackheads and lamps to choose from. Using a combination of wallwashers and spots would give you both ambient and task lighting exactly where you need it.

Sometimes When You Are Right, You Can Still Be Wrong. ~De La Vega

• 2 weeks later...
It may be time to put a price tag on your irritation level. Get a few quotes from the pros and you'll soon know how much the cabinets really bother you.

3 months later, and i've taken fresco's advice.

my painter tells me that it will be 700 to do the cabinets with oil-based paint. it's a go. there's no way in hell 700 isn't worth the aggravation of tackling it myself.

the cabinets are officially painted. funny thing is the invoice said 1100 instead of 700. i guess i misheard him. but, that still seems reasonable.

i kinda miss the old cabinets. :unsure: