• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Basque-ing in LA?

FoodZealot

After seeing Bourdain in the Basque country on A Cook's Tour a few weeks ago, I've been wanting to check out a restaurant in that vein. A quick search pulls up Le Chalet Basque Restaurant in La Puente or La Villa Basque French Restaurant on Leonis Blvd in Los Angeles? Has anyone been to either of these or know of another (better) one?

I vaguely remember seeing Huell Howser visit one, but I think it was in Bakersfield or Fresno.

~Tad

edit: grammer

Edited by FoodZealot (log)

Sometime in the early summer, I think, the LA Times did a review of a Basque restaurant in Chino. I don't know if the LA Times link is still available but you can read my summary of their review in the Digest here. Scroll down to one of the last entries on the first page.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

If you try the one in Chino, please post about it! We've always driven to Bakersfield (from Orange County) for good Basque food, but would love to find somewhere closer!

Anyone that would drive that far deserves a hearty welcome to eGullet, Maison Rustique! I'll definitely post something if I make it to Chino, but I 'm guessing you're probably significantly closer and maybe a bit more likely to make it there than I am, as I'm in West LA.

Which one do you go to in Bako?

~Tad