• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

On a Whim... What are you up to...

Al_Dente

So, who's going where to get their post-vote (or not) drink on?

Will you be crying in your "four more beers", or popping champagne corks and putting a little more Heinz ketchup on your frites? Will you be chomping on your Texas-sized USDA prime in celebration, or will you wallow in self-pity over some baked beans? [i know I'm not supposed to get all political, but I'm trying to at least be neutral]

Ideas? I guess I'm among the undecided.

Edited by Al_Dente (log)

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

I'm seeking a nice non-partisan atmosphere.  Faux Veg and I wanna hang with people who are interested and curious, but not prone to physical or verbal attacks.

In DC? Good luck!

I'm going to stay home and ponder another burning question.

Edited to add: On advice below -- Possibly not suitable for work. Contains Flash animation, cute frustrated rabbits and Australian music.

Edited by iamthestretch (log)

"Mine goes off like a rocket." -- Tom Sietsema, Washington Post, Feb. 16.

I'm seeking a nice non-partisan atmosphere. 

In this city? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Stay at home.

Mrs JPW and I are having leftover mezze and a bottle of Cave de Tain Marsanne.

In 2000, I almost had a physical altercation with some yahoos at the Shirlington Cap City.

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

I'm seeking a nice non-partisan atmosphere.  Faux Veg and I wanna hang with people who are interested and curious, but not prone to physical or verbal attacks.

In DC? Good luck!

I'm going to stay home and ponder another burning question.

Hey stretch, you need to put a "not suitable for work" label on that.

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

[Alert!  Al's posting is fine (as always), but don't succumb to the temptation of discussing any politics here!] 

Vigilantly,

Big Bro.

Sure - pick on me and my livelihood.

My plans involve sitting on my sofa before 9 pm for the first time in about 3 months with my first home-cooked bowl of pasta in almost as long.

And some sleep tomorrow (hopefully).

Bill Russell

Firefly is going to be celebrating its second birthday on Saturday, November 6th, from 1 to 4 p.m.. Anyone planning on enjoying some of John W's complimentary BBQ?

Wearing jeans to the best restaurants in town.

Where does one get good cassoulet in this fine city?

I have the red wine bit down.

How about someplace, oh, French?  A big bowl of cassoulet?  A bigger bottle of Cote du Rhone?

Firefly Restaurant

Washington, DC

Not the body of a man from earth, not the face of the one you love

How about someplace, oh, French?  A big bowl of cassoulet?  A bigger bottle of Cote du Rhone?

I had an acceptable cassoulet at the Cote d'Or (now apparently renamed Bistro des Celestines) in Arlington a few months back, and the Duck confit at Mendocino (not a full cassoulet) is scrumptious.

Edited by FunJohnny (log)

Oh, J[esus]. You may be omnipotent, but you are SO naive!

- From the South Park Mexican Starring Frog from South Sri Lanka episode

BdC's is pretty edible. And, if you can wait a day, Thursday is Cassoulet Day at La Chaumiere. Think I noticed it on the menu at the new Bistro au Pied in Georgetown, but my brief experience there was not particularly satisfactory.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

I had an acceptable cassoulet at the Cote d'Or (now apparently renamed Bistro des Celestines) in Arlington a few months back, and the Duck confit at Mendocino (not a full cassoulet) is scrumptious.

The best thing I have ever eaten in my life is cassoulet last winter in Minervois, I'd like to do better than acceptable.

Firefly Restaurant

Washington, DC

Not the body of a man from earth, not the face of the one you love