• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

On a Whim... What are you up to...

Al_Dente

I was thinking of heading over to David Greggory and sample the "3 Little Pigs."

DG Happy Hour Menu: Not bad at all!

OK, DG it is! Note that Three Little Pigs not on Happy Hour menu. Must be an entree. Dig the $4.75/glass Perlat!

Oh, J[esus]. You may be omnipotent, but you are SO naive!

- From the South Park Mexican Starring Frog from South Sri Lanka episode

Yeah, figure mdt could just order it off the menu (As might I).  Alright, sounds good.  What's the dress code like at DG?

GQ

meeting some friends at Tallula tonight. I've had the booze now to try the food.  My only concerned is that it will probably be hella crowded.

The full menu is available in the bar (and back lounge) so if you can't get a table for some reason, grab a spot and order away. Have fun!

meeting some friends at Tallula tonight. I've had the booze now to try the food.  My only concerned is that it will probably be hella crowded.

The full menu is available in the bar (and back lounge) so if you can't get a table for some reason, grab a spot and order away. Have fun!

Bank on that, pal!!

Alright, so we're on for David Greggory for happy hour? I should be there around 6:15.

How will I know you :laugh:

I'll try to hang around til you get there, but I may have to make an early retreat in order to see my daughter's dance team perform at the Basketball game tonight at FCHS. Go Jags!

I was thinking about hitting up someplace for Restaurant Week dinner tomorrow after work. Probably pretty informal, and likely eating at the bar (since I have no plan and no reservations at this point). Anybody want in? Thinking Foggy Bottom/'Golden Triangle' region, but anything readily Metro-accessible is fine.

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

Fortified by his share of last night's Colorado Kitchen onion tart and jerk chicken wings, young Alexander Brian Stretch this morning succeeded in his bid to be born in time to catch the end of Restaurant Week thanks to a quick display of flashy knife skills by the good docs at Sibley Memorial Hospital. In keeping with the value theme of the week, he was something of a heaping helping himself, weighing in at 9-1/2 lbs and a measuring a chart-busting, if unsurprising, 21+ inches. Mom's on morphine and loving it. Since they wouldn't give any to Dad, he's going to self-medicate later with single malt. Anyway, I'll be hanging around MacArthur Blvd. for the next few days if anyone wants to propose lunch at BlackSalt. :smile:

"Mine goes off like a rocket." -- Tom Sietsema, Washington Post, Feb. 16.

Good show old boy. And especially to Mrs. Stretch who has finally found a way to keep you from spending the rent money following Mark around northern Virginia.

Stephanie sends her best, too.

Give us a ring when things get ugly, and we'll come 'round with one of those 2 Amy's pizzas you and the mobs of Arlington so love.

And more scotch.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

Happy news indeed!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Let me know if you want some somewhat adequate home cooking brought over, or anything else.

We may have to start an eGullet infant play group. I'm sure that Peanut would love to have a new friend.

:biggrin:

Love to Mrs Stretch and the Little Stretch.

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

Fortified by his share of last night's Colorado Kitchen onion tart and jerk chicken wings, young Alexander Brian Stretch this morning succeeded in his bid to be born in time to catch the end of Restaurant Week

does Chef know about this yet? she SAID all kids needed was real food.

(congratulations!!)

Congratulations to you and your Mrs. It's great to see the future of eGullet emerging from the mists of time.

BTW -- Morphine ain't all it's cracked up to be (no pun intended). Deadens the pallette and the appetite.