• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

On a Whim... What are you up to...

Al_Dente

do you guys have any plan for tonight ? Im thinking of Indebleu to try at the bar. Anyone is welcome  !!

what time? i might be able to swing by. is there a dress code? i'm dressed down for a slooooow day in the office.

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Have you tried the squash soup with the pumpkin pie oil????

Ask for extra cilantro and be transported to another dimension...

All the fall cocktails are lovely too! :cool:

Jennifer

I'm headed to Firefly in a few hours with my wife and visiting mother.  It's been a while - any particularly good seasonal / new things not to miss this time around?

I'm headed to Firefly in a few hours with my wife and visiting mother.  It's been a while - any particularly good seasonal / new things not to miss this time around?

Not that it matters to you Bill, but his dreaminess is holding court this eve.

Firefly Restaurant

Washington, DC

Not the body of a man from earth, not the face of the one you love

Not that it matters to you Bill, but his dreaminess is holding court this eve.

That is VERY exciting.

Bill Russell

What to do, what to do. I'm going to sneak outta the office here by about 4 and meet up with some peeps for dinner at 7:00 or so. I'll have time to kill on the red line. I could brown bag a pint of Wild Turkey or some such on the Metro and berate out of towners on the finer points of mass transit usage, but then I'd be sloppy at dinner. Probably not a good idea.

I need somewhere comfortable to sit at the (hopefully not too cig-infested) bar and read and have a little pre-NYE wine. Damn, I just can't seem to settle on any particular place. :wacko:

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Think I'm going to hit Oyamel tonight. Don't think I've been all month! Going to have to be a 'dry' run, since I'm sick and taking stuff for it. Ah well, can buy more food with that money!

Edited by Chef Shogun (log)

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

Anybody up for anything Friday? Bit of the old happy hour perhaps?  Seems like it's been a while!

Any other week I would be, but I've got me a precious reservation at Ray's for Friday. Although I can't for the life of me remember what time it is - think I'll need to check into that.

Bill Russell

Anybody up for anything Friday? Bit of the old happy hour perhaps?  Seems like it's been a while!

I could be -- Any chance of venturing into Arlington for Talulla? Or should we do Corduroy or Firefly, or someplace else?? How 'bout Mendocino in G'town and perhaps crossing over to Sea Catch for their Happy Hour oysters? Hmmmm...

Edited by FunJohnny (log)

Oh, J[esus]. You may be omnipotent, but you are SO naive!

- From the South Park Mexican Starring Frog from South Sri Lanka episode

I could be -- Any chance of venturing into Arlington for Talulla? Or should we do Corduroy or Firefly, or someplace else?? How 'bout Mendocino in G'town and perhaps crossing over to Sea Catch for their Happy Hour oysters? Hmmmm...

I was thinking of heading over to David Greggory and sample the "3 Little Pigs."

Wearing jeans to the best restaurants in town.

I'll be heading over to Sette about 10PM tonight, after my French class, for a pizza and glass of wine at the bar -- if anyone is dining late or starting the drinking portion of the weekend early.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.