• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

On a Whim... What are you up to...

Al_Dente

Man, last time I was in there I was so drunk. And they were still really nice to me. You guys won't do anything to besmirch the good name of eGullet, will you?

I wish I could make it there this evening. But, alas, someone else will have to be responsible for the besmirching today.

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Man, last time I was in there I was so drunk. And they were still really nice to me. You guys won't do anything to besmirch the good name of eGullet, will you?

I wish I could make it there this evening. But, alas, someone else will have to be responsible for the besmirching today.

You can count on me! If there's one thing I'm good at, it's sullying the good names of things.

I'll be there around 6:22, depending on if I walk (it's slightly too far) or take the Metro (it's too close!)

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

Ok, however, getting pho broth on your shirt isn't as bad as getting tomato sauce on it. I'm adept at the whole chopsticks and spoon bit but I also walk into walls on the occassion so I don't know if that means much. :biggrin:

Well, we could do an egullet pho outing at Eden Center sometime next weekend. Oh yeah, and that Pho place in Eden Center next to Viet Royal? My co-worker's uncle owns that joint. Funny how small the world is!

Edited by Gastro888 (log)

I was thinking of going swimming with the weather so mild.  Cocktails, swimming, good times.

And I am thinking of going next door to the Indian fast food place, getting some chicken stew with potatoes and green beans, two million bottles of water...and THEN going swimming and getting some sun. Ain't life grand.

Edited by Nadya (log)

Resident Twizzlebum

I was thinking of going swimming with the weather so mild.  Cocktails, swimming, good times.

And I am thinking of going next door to the Indian fast food place, getting some chicken stew with potatoes and green beans, two million bottles of water...and THEN going swimming and getting some sun. Ain't life grand.

and maybe a meat pie or two?

I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you.

I didnt know where to post this but ,

`Happy Thanksgiving everyone `

:smile:

Same to you Fero.

Here I am, hungover, sitting at work, and dreaming of spring rolls and a glass of Syrah.

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

Here I am, sitting here on a Friday after T'giving, NOT hungover, NOT bloated, in the office!!! What is wrong with this picture, I beg of you?

But having a wonderful time explaining to the locals that "Thanksgiving...es grande holiday de estomago for Norteamericanos por mucho eating. Thanksgiving, yea man. "

But miss Syrah very much. Also dark chocolate.

Edited by Nadya (log)

Resident Twizzlebum

I wish, but I'll still be in CT. Been doing pretty well, as far as food goes. Hitting up Super Duper Weenie again for the second or third time this trip, and had some really good Thai the other night. Kind of suprised, really. At least the Thai...tough to come by round these parts. That said, the place was about 90 minutes away! Super Duper Weenie always rules. Been sorely lacking in the tasty beverage department, however. This will have to be compensated for upon my return!

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

I'm planning a soft re-entry from Thanksgiving at Palena tomorrow (Monday) night. Anybody wanna come?

Depends on how late I am stuck at work.

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

I'm planning a soft re-entry from Thanksgiving at Palena tomorrow (Monday) night.

<cough cough> Happy Birthday :smile: <cough cough>

Enjoy your chicken!

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

Thanks HV! I did enjoy my chicken. Thanks to JPW, the Busboys, Mdt and Hjshorter for coming out too--it's always great to see you guys. Not to mention the lovely and talented LittleWing and a cameo appearance by Eatdrinkummm (who was not there to celebrate my birthday but made the evening more special anyway).

I had that chicken again. Ooh, that chicken. It was fun to watch JPW eat it since he'd never had it before, but I'll let him post about the experience. :rolleyes:

Thanks HV! I did enjoy my chicken. Thanks to JPW, the Busboys, Mdt and Hjshorter for coming out too--it's always great to see you guys. Not to mention the lovely and talented LittleWing and a cameo appearance by Eatdrinkummm (who was not there to celebrate my birthday but made the evening more special anyway).

I had that chicken again. Ooh, that chicken. It was fun to watch JPW eat it since he'd never had it before, but I'll let him post about the experience. :rolleyes:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Malawry! :biggrin:

Eat.Drink.DC.

...dining in the district...

Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.

- Orson Welles