• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

On a Whim... What are you up to...

Al_Dente

Who's watching ALCS Game Three tonight? Where can I go, Yankees-fan-friendly, with a good rowdy crowd but not TOO crowded, and not too frat-ish or too sportsbar-ish? Food not all that important; decent beer on tap absolutely imperative.

Edit: Oh, also, where a single girl won't feel too creeped out.

Edited by eunny jang (log)

Well, tomorrow it's a quick breakfast (business) meeting at the Four Seasons. Then it will be back home for a nature walk with Morela and the dog. Looks like lunch is shaping up to be a group of friends at Jaleo. Then I have dinner a res at Ray's . May as well enjoy it now since I have root canal coming up next week.

P.S. My dog has just been certified as a mycologist canine. We are all very proud!!!

Edited by Minister of Drink (log)

"Whenever someone asks me if I want water with my Scotch, I say, 'I'm thirsty, not dirty' ". Joe E. Lewis

Well, tomorrow it's  a quick breakfast (business) meeting at the Four Seasons.  Then it will be back home for a nature walk with Morela and the dog.  Looks like lunch is shaping up to be a group of friends at Jaleo.  Then I have dinner a res at Ray's .  May as well enjoy it now since I have root canal coming up next week.

P.S.  My  dog has just been certified as a mycologist  canine.  We are all very proud!!!

O Minister! I envy you. The Vier Jahrzeiten hat the best breakfast in town. Jaleo is always fun. A Cowboy steak to finish it off. Enjoy it, you'll be eating Gerbers strained carrots next week.

Mark

OK Rocks:

Roberto Donna is doing his grill thing again today and I plan on going early, to beat the rush.  I'll try to be there by noon.  any body else?  If so, I will try to save a couple of seats.

I'll be there by 11:45

Oh, J[esus]. You may be omnipotent, but you are SO naive!

- From the South Park Mexican Starring Frog from South Sri Lanka episode

I'll be there around noon.

I'll be there between noon and 12.15, but I think we'll do takeaway this time as I'm bringing two coworkers with me. Swayed by "don't go to stupid Subway...let's do Galileo today!"

Resident Twizzlebum

Had an enjoyable lunch with mnebergall and Chef Shogun. The Chef said that he was planning to open the "back room" when the weather gets cold, so the grilling thing looks like it will continue into the Winter.

Edited by FunJohnny (log)

Oh, J[esus]. You may be omnipotent, but you are SO naive!

- From the South Park Mexican Starring Frog from South Sri Lanka episode

Oddball question: Does anyone know if there is a chef in town who happens to be a Red Sox fan? I know I'm going to need to go out to dinner this weekend to either celebrate (please G*d) or to wallow in despair. Either way, I'd like to support a fellow Red Sox fan, if possible. :rolleyes:

If I cannot find such a chef, I think I'll head to Palena Cafe, where our great waitress the other night was a fellow native New Englander and Sox fan.

Oddball question: Does anyone know if there is a chef in town who happens to be a Red Sox fan? I know I'm going to need to go out to dinner this weekend to either celebrate (please G*d) or to wallow in despair. Either way, I'd like to support a fellow Red Sox fan, if possible.  :rolleyes:

Bob Kinkead and Todd English are two safe bets, though the odds of finding Todd English in town are smaller than the odds of the Red Sox winning game seven. :laugh:

Still waiting for Peter Angelos to disappear, disintegrate or melt,

Rocks.

Bob Kinkead and Todd English are two safe bets, though the odds of finding Todd English in town are smaller than the odds of the Red Sox winning game seven.  :laugh:

Has Todd ever been in Olives since the opening?

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W