• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

On a Whim... What are you up to...

Al_Dente

I'll be there at Galileo for lunch as well.

Could you find out if the grilling will continue next week, please?

Oh, J[esus]. You may be omnipotent, but you are SO naive!

- From the South Park Mexican Starring Frog from South Sri Lanka episode

I'll be there at Galileo for lunch as well.

Could you find out if the grilling will continue next week, please?

You can see the dates in this here , just scroll up.

Edited by mdt (log)
Wearing jeans to the best restaurants in town.

Oh, one thing: A large section of the available seating in back was "reserved for Chow Hounds" -- I think that we egulleteers need to make a statement by also reserving a space if that can be done without too much fuss.

Too bad you guys didn't come over and introduce yourselves. It doesn't have to be exclusive fraternities here in DC. A lot of people read both boards, and I have started posting here as well. It's all about food, after all. If I find out that a group of e-gulletteers are dining somewhere I happen to be, I plan on coming over and asking if I can join you! It's nice to be able to get to know people whose posts you've read.

Oh, one thing: A large section of the available seating in back was "reserved for Chow Hounds" -- I think that we egulleteers need to make a statement by also reserving a space if that can be done without too much fuss.

Too bad you guys didn't come over and introduce yourselves. It doesn't have to be exclusive fraternities here in DC. A lot of people read both boards, and I have started posting here as well. It's all about food, after all. If I find out that a group of e-gulletteers are dining somewhere I happen to be, I plan on coming over and asking if I can join you! It's nice to be able to get to know people whose posts you've read.

Thanks for the offer. Maybe we all need a secret handshake or lapel pin or something :cool:

So...wow! How about that incredibly intense, highly localized flooding around the 20th and H area? Man, that was something.

Lunch at Breadline just as they were closing. Probably just after they closed. :sad: Hate dropping in on places like that, because I always hated it when people did to me...

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

I'll be at RTS at 8:30 this evening with my three kids.

Do you have a standing reservation? :wink:

I am going to be at Palena tonight.

Wearing jeans to the best restaurants in town.

How did this thread resurface? :blink:

Well, anyway, I'm going to get my back cracked by a chiropractor over near Firefly this afternoon. I went to Firefly last week, so I should probably go somewhere else. Hmmmm.

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

How did this thread resurface? :blink:

Well, anyway, I'm going to get my back cracked by a chiropractor over near Firefly this afternoon. I went to Firefly last week, so I should probably go somewhere else. Hmmmm.

OWWWWW... :blink: Hope you feel better afterward!

Our plan to try out Firefly's HH last Thursday turned into dinner at Indique. I tried to post my change of plans in case anyone else was going to Indique, but computer issues have occasionally prevented me from posting (and in some cases from replying to PMs) from home. Weird.

Tonight I'll be at...the gym. :hmmm:

Someone told me yesterday that Palena's been closed for a couple days due to kitchen repairs.  Might want to check before going tonight.

Whew. They are open. I just called. Been looking forward to this all day, you had me worried but thanks for the heads up.

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Taking my cousin (Little Miss Perfect) who is a senior in the SFS at GU to Nectar tonight to celebrate her 21st birthday. Afterwards probably hit a few places in G'town, but definitely the Guards. After all what are older cousins for.... :cool:

Yeah I know, but she is a student and if its too crowded... well maybe we might go to a more, shall I say upscale, location near-by which has one of the best wine lists in the whole friggin' country

Edited to add BTW she speaks fluent French

Edited by FunJohnny (log)

Yeah, but how's her handwriting?

Probably be getting a little on the shaky side as the evening progresses :laugh: