• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

On a Whim... What are you up to...

Al_Dente

I'm curious about you folks. And I wonder how many of you might be up for it. I also realize many of those in the area are in my hobby professionally and therefore probably would be at work.

But I work a mundane ol 9-5 job, and I think I'd be up for this tomorrow after work.

Let's have a little (it may be so little it may include a total of one) getogether tomorrow evening at any of the joints down around MCI Center/Penn Quarter/Chinatown. Maybe Matchbox? Zola? Cafe Atlantico? Zaytinya?

Just for an appetizer or two and a drink or three? Anyone up for it? If so, preferences for restaurant?

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Al,

I'd go too, but I am stuck working out in the burbs of Reston. Hope to get to meet you (and other DC area people) at one of the events in the works.

And I hope someone responds to you.

Bill Russell

Like tommy said.

At worst, Al, just go by yourself & imagine that tommy & I are with you.  Be sure to report back with at least a few snippets of conversation.

I'll be sure to do this. We'll be going to Matchbox, I decided. I predict you both will have enjoyed the wood fired pizza.

Stay tuned for a report tomorrow.

And as for you, DLewis, I'm going to tell our boss what you said about him. Probably even embellish it with a few choice words (e.g. bastard, idiot, ass-hat, etc.).

Edited by Al_Dente (log)

-- A.B.

:wink: Well I certainly may be interested.  That is if "newbies" are allowed.

Come on by. I'll need help creating the imaginary dialogue from Tommy and MatthewB.

-- A.B.

Like tommy said.

At worst, Al, just go by yourself & imagine that tommy & I are with you.  Be sure to report back with at least a few snippets of conversation.

I'll be sure to do this. We'll be going to Matchbox, I decided. I predict you both will have enjoyed the wood fired pizza.

And as for you, DLewis, I'm going to tell our boss what you said about him. Probably even embellish it with a few choice words (e.g. bastard, idiot, etc.).

Cool. I plan on having a good time. :biggrin:

If we stay out late, might we stop by 18th Street Lounge? Or has that gone lame by now?

Come on by. I'll need help creating the imaginary dialogue from Tommy and MatthewB.

just stutter and mumble a lot, with occasional outburst of inappropriate behavior, and you'll have me down in no time. as for matthew, just be all smarmy and stuff. :wink:

dude, smarmy (dictionary definition: "unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech") assumes that I'm already suave in some way.

I ain't suave. I'm a Midwest rube.

Like tommy said.

And as for you, DLewis, I'm going to tell our boss what you said about him. Probably even embellish it with a few choice words (e.g. bastard, idiot, etc.).

Cool. I plan on having a good time. :biggrin:

If we stay out late, might we stop by 18th Street Lounge? Or has that gone lame by now?

I think I went to the 18th Street Lounge a few years ago. I haven't been lately so I don't know what the deal is there anymore.

But don't worry, if we all hit it off, our imaginary group is sure to hit all the hot spots in town. I'll even pay for the cover charges and drinks for any imaginary person who comes along. Money is no object-- the finest champagne for everyone!

-- A.B.

just make sure some imaginary girls hit on me.  just like up here in NJ.

"just make sure some imaginary girls hit on me. just like up here in NJ."

Now that is just sad.

Nah. What would be really sad is if imaginary girls *didn't* hit on tommy. :sad:

And we'll both drink a lot. So Al will definitely have to fill us in on the last half of the evening or so.

al, get the pull-out ready. no doubt i'll have to crash at your place. you got cheerios? i like cheerios in the morning. and i'll probably want some frozen pizza when we get back to your place tonite. thanks dude.

And we'll both drink a lot. So Al will definitely have to fill us in on the last half of the evening or so.

al, get the pull-out ready. no doubt i'll have to crash at your place. you got cheerios? i like cheerios in the morning. and i'll probably want some frozen pizza when we get back to your place tonite. thanks dude.

I'm pretty good at doctoring up frozen 'za.

Al, how's the fridge lookin'?

You won't be staying at my place-- the 3 of us are going to get lucky with michelin-rated-chef nympho supermodels who are in town from Paris. We'll be sleeping in their private jet on our way to Nice for the weekend.

-- A.B.

You won't be staying at my place-- the 3 of us are going to get lucky with michelin-rated-chef nympho supermodels who are in town from Paris. We'll be sleeping in their private jet on our way to Nice for the weekend.

aw, and i was gonna join tommy and matty b.

but models never come in quartets, only trios.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.